1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last
  1. Rchandra
    Wait nevermind, I forgot delusion is hard to cure.

2. QueueCumber
    Sorry you don’t like them.

I’m wondering if the elevated mid-range FR curve makes them sound more detailed to me. I’m also wondering if reflection from the Gorilla glass helps in this regard as well by strengthening the imaging. For me they sound more detailed (less diffuse imaging-wise—in case I’m using the wrong word) than the 800S. All I can do is find reasons why they sound that way to me. It is what it is for me. You’re just going to have to live with it. lol

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  3. trellus
    I'm 100% confident that some people, when they get this headphone, will post their disappointment with them and say they are returning them or selling them.

And I don't say that because I don't like them -- I've never heard them! :D It's just that people really do have different expectations and different preferences, and so inevitably there will be who are still listening and deciding, some who quickly love them and tell us so, and some who quickly will not like them and tell us so, too.

QueueCumber likes this.
  4. QueueCumber
    I think it’s reasonable for me to try and figure out why my experience is what it is with the 800S and 820. I think it’s unreasonable for someone to just try and discredit others using black and white statements without trying to understand their experiences and potential factors that might contribute to their experiences.

Here are the things that potentially contribute to differences in experience:

1. Audio processing in the brain can be different for different people (see research on phantom imaging)
    2. Ear and auditory canal shape
    3. Frequency response sensitivities and curve differences between HPs
    4. Psychological bias (as you and others mentioned)

Feel free to add more. Right now you’re only focused on number 4 because you’re convinced that ONLY YOU can be right and other people’s experiences can’t possibly differ from your experience. It’s a phenomenon called contempt prior to investigation.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. andromeda1954
    Alex Grell is not profit orientated just sound orientated

6. SHAMuuu
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for all the burn-in impressions to follow :D

raypin and up late like this.
  7. 329161

trellus, Beagle and QueueCumber like this.
  8. Rchandra
    Damn I'm sorry if I came off as a douche lol. Happy 4th of July everyone. I think at the end of the day your ears are the only ones that matter, enjoy whatever headphones you all have. This is a great community and being positive is what makes a community stronger so sorry for that negative Nancy stuff :)

9. QueueCumber
    I’ve been playing around with the X-PHD settings on the Hugo2 and the 820 tonight. I’m finding that the green and blue settings seems to help a lot with integrating the lowest notes of acoustic guitar on that Nora Jones Painter Song. It also takes away the uncomfortable feeling I get with all headphones when sound pans all the way to one side only, as it does with the guitar on that song... lol

10. saint.panda Contributor
    Just got my HD820. Not impressed, especially compared to HD 650 or ZMF Atticus. Let's see what burn-in and some mental acclimatization can do. Nice packaging.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    YesThisIs likes this.
  11. gLer
    Look forward to your impressions, especially compared to the Atticus.

koiloco likes this.
  12. Slim1970
    I also like the green and blue settings on my HD 800S's and HD 660S's. It's seems to help attenuate the lower frequencies better on Sennheiser headphones than some of my other headphones for whatever reason.

QueueCumber likes this.
  13. YesThisIs
    Please do comparison to HD650.

volly likes this.
  14. Beagle
    The best headphones are often the ones that don't sound all that great on first listen.

Amberlamps likes this.
  15. Beagle
    I'm very surprised that @jude has not done a formal review and comparison to the HD600/600S thus far. He knows those well.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    volly and Bern2 like this.
First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Next

Last