1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
Next

Last
  1. a7xdeity
    WOO HOO.. My hd 820's i ordered this morning , Shipped today. and it will arrive wednesday. So hyped!

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  2. Beagle
    Where did you order from, if I may ask?

3. a7xdeity
    Worldwidestereo.com

4. ervin192
    Wonder if there has any measurement results of these cans. Haven't ever 100% trust in those test things but they are informative in some aspects.

5. Giraku
    Not detailed plots but I posted FR graphs a while ago.

ervin192 likes this.
  6. Art Garfunkel
    I was curious, and checked into their site, but they only seem to have the HD660, as far as Sennheiser options go. Sold out perhaps?

7. QueueCumber
  8. jasonyyd
    You have to search for HD 820 instead of HD820 on their website. Poor search keyword optimization, not sure how much sales they have lost due to this.

9. bfreedma

Probably not too many since they are sold out. One of their brick and mortar stores is 10 minutes from home - I frequently have to tell them about flaws in their web site.

They do have one of the best collection of headphones in store I’ve seen and the staff is good about letting people demo. I’ve been trying to get them to expand their amp and DAC options - the staff there is knowledgeable in general, but there isn’t anyone there with a deep interest in headphones, so they tend to stick with the brands they already sell for stereo and home theater.

10. larzy
    Are they on display to demo anywhere in London?

11. Monsterzero
    I suspect they will be available to demo at CanJam London.

larzy likes this.
  12. PhilW
    They are currently with us

13. Beagle
    They're called World Wide Stereo but they only accept payments from PayPal accounts registered in the United States. Actually, they apparently won't even ship outside the states (address/country is invalid on order attempt).

Guys, change your name to United States Stereo..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    trellus, QueueCumber and LaCuffia like this.
  14. Bern2
    Idk...we're not united much these days.

Bern

15. bfreedma
    Interesting timing - that’s the B&M store I mentioned in the MX4 thread. Before condemning them for the name, know that WWS was originally a brick and mortar retailer for several decades with two stores in the Philadelphia suburbs - the name was related to the origins of the products they sold, not their distribution span. The shipping issues are largely due to manufacturers restrictions, not company policy (I only know this because one of my relatives who lives overseas had the same issue). They were one of the first B&Ms who saw the change coming and created a web presence which probably provides the income necessary to keep the original two stores open.

I’m heading there tomorrow and will ask if there are any accommodations that can be made. I understand the frustration given the name, but I doubt they envisioned the global reach a web site would have when they opened in 1979 as Bob & Ron’s World Wide Stereo.

I have no financial stake with them, but they have been good to work with over the years.

up late, trellus and Beagle like this.
First

Back
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
Next

Last