Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 (Rev 2) vs Denon D7000 Shootout
May 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #16 of 155
Nice comparison. I've heard nothing but stellar comments regarding the LCD-2's bass.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but is the Rev 2 model the one currently on their website with the new(er) headband? Absolutely beautiful.

This one: http://audeze.com/audeze-lcd2-bamboo

May 8, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #17 of 155
Quote:
Nice comparison. I've heard nothing but stellar comments regarding the LCD-2's bass.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but is the Rev 2 model the one currently on their website with the new(er) headband? Absolutely beautiful.

This one: http://audeze.com/audeze-lcd2-bamboo

Yes, that's the new one and it looks beautiful in real life too. You can tell when you're holding it that the headphone is really sturdy and the quality of the worksmanship at Audeze is very high.

May 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #18 of 155
Argh.. I've been spending lots of money already in projector etc, but maybe I'll bite the bullet and just order the damn LCD-2's and stop wasting time looking for "cheaper" alternatives. I'm 99% sure I would be stellarly satisfied in them for my genres/movies etc. If that's the case I can sell my HE-500 for good value..

Now I just gotta figure out the best place to get them. And consider if it's worth getting used Rev1's, there's one pair near me for 750€ (If I were to get new from US+shipping+customs would make total of 1100€).

May 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #19 of 155
IMO and my experience, you just need 2 sets of headphones, HD800 and AH-D7000.
They compliment each other very well. :)

May 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #20 of 155
Argh.. I've been spending lots of money already in projector etc, but maybe I'll bite the bullet and just order the damn LCD-2's and stop wasting time looking for "cheaper" alternatives. I'm 99% sure I would be stellarly satisfied in them for my genres/movies etc. If that's the case I can sell my HE-500 for good value..

Now I just gotta figure out the best place to get them. And consider if it's worth getting used Rev1's, there's one pair near me for 750€ (If I were to get new from US+shipping+customs would make total of 1100€).

I say you should try LCD2 first and to see if you can last 5 minutes,

This headphone is heavy, and will create frontal clamping.

You want to buy my LCD2 ? haha.

May 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #21 of 155
Quote:

It's almost the same weight as HE-500 which I have no problems with. I'm a damn pencil neck that doesn't work out, so I don't get people complaing about it.

Quote:

Sure you can always offer in PM 
biggrin.gif

edit: While D7000 was nice, I didn't like the sparkly/bright highs. I've no need for other closed "fun" cans if LCD-2 provide all the bass and more.

May 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #22 of 155
Quote:

I wouldnt suggest this, they were really uncomfortable first day but after a lot of bending and adjusting, they feel great on my head :)

May 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #23 of 155
Quote:

It's almost the same weight as HE-500 which I have no problems with. I'm a damn pencil neck that doesn't work out, so I don't get people complaing about it.

The latest bamboo 2.3 actually weighs in at around 511 grams, while the HE-500 is 540 grams (measured).  Hifiman don't seem too bothered about specs- they quote 502 grams 
wink.gif

If anyone's wondering why I seem so obsessed with weight 
tongue.gif
, it's because anything heavy aggravates a lower back- spinal issue.  Funnily enough, my neck isn't affected- just the lower back big time 
redface.gif

May 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #25 of 155
I never listened to HD800 or LCD-2, but I own a D7000, which gives me great joy listening to classic rock.
I'll soon gonna buy them though, and I'm curious to know if my impressions will match the OP's.

May 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 155
thanks for the good review. I was considering the D7000 and the He-500. Seems like the LCD-2 is the best all rounder for me; rock and industrial (electronic), glad I purchased it. I never really considered the HD-800.

May 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #30 of 155
^ LOL

Excellent review dukeskd. Hit the points quite clearly. I keep trying to negate the positives of the HD800s I have on loan, since I do not want to spend 3x the $$ to get them over my HD650s. 
rolleyes.gif
 Of course, when you start listening to intimate music settings that are typical of a lot of jazz recordings, it's tough to not fall into the sheer enjoyment of this. 

They are WAY more comfortable than the T1s (which gives me irritation from the head clamping force) and slightly more comfortable than the HD650s. They just feel like they're about to eat my head up, with the huge padding over the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back