Sennheiser HD800: Spray Painted Plastic and the New Acid-Washed Jeans.
Feb 5, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #451 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but this post is pure bs unless also posted in the other thread about the hd800, which has very few post from people who have heard it, but many from people who haven't...it works both ways....

I'm just as sick from people raving about it(who haven't heard it) as I am from people who complain about it's plastic....the only difference is that people want to hear the positive...

So far, I really can't find some good amount of posts raving HD800 for no reason. Only things I can see positive postings are...

1.) Designs are not bad (to counter this very own thread)
2.) Sennheiser rocks! (in trust of the company)
3.) Impressions from the people who actually heard it and endless interrogations and assumptions from other people about the sound.

Surprisingly, I found a bit more negative posts than positive posts inside of that 2000+ post thread, they are...

1.) Too expansive.
2.) Doubt it will ever reach 'high-end'
3.) Design, people keep saying. 'ugly' (even excluding ones in this thread)

Both positive and negative posts take each 20% of the posts, while 50% of the posts is completely off-topic.

Last 10% of the thread is debating whether HD800 will keep 1400$ mark, whether this can would be discounted, etc. All about price speculation.

To be honest, I really do not see so much raving about the cans; people are rather very cautious and have some good amount of doubts (so do I.) Search my posts on HD800 and try to find any posts where I blindlessly praise HD800 other than saying "Design is fine."

I conjure due to economic crisis, people are more careful about things would cost a lot of money.

Conclusion? The 2000+ thread is surprisingly neutral, inclined to negatively due to design and price issue.

In contrast, you guys began bashing HD800s due to plastic body/silver color, and continued (and continue as well) to claim HD800s are not worth for money. This thread is none but filled with negative views, other than people's posts trying to defend HD800s in terms of design, usually saying "For me the design is fine", "I don't care", "There are other expensive and more ugly phones."

For negatively alone, only Bose and Skullcandy threads beat this thread.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #454 of 902
31 pages about spray painted plastic and new acid-washed jeans -> aka HD800 (not my claims).
Hilarious!
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #455 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
31 pages about spray painted plastic and new acid-washed jeans -> aka HD800 (not my claims).
Hilarious!
tongue.gif

I understand their concerns and passion about design. What I want to say is that this has gone too far.

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #458 of 902
Feb 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #459 of 902
I would love to find a tread that actually had people who have at least touched a pair of these cans before complaining about them.

Maybe by May/June enough people will have received theirs and have had time to give a good long listen. Then maybe we can read some real pro-con reviews with solid backing.

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #460 of 902
I wasn't influenced by this thread, but I've decided to go for the D7000 over the HD800, mostly for the price issue and partially for the build quality.

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #461 of 902
wow I thought these phones were metal. I had Sennheisers not impressed with build quality at all. If there were meal would be heavy. But why not partial metal/plastic construction?

I think the HD800 look a bit tacky, something a 15 would draw up. They don't look classy phones. Even if they sound great.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #462 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferraro25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't influenced by this thread, but I've decided to go for the D7000 over the HD800, mostly for the price issue and partially for the build quality.

You probably do not know denon is infamous for crappy build quality of its headphones.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #463 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far, I really can't find some good amount of posts raving HD800 for no reason. Only things I can see positive postings are...
1.) Designs are not bad (to counter this very own thread)
2.) Sennheiser rocks! (in trust of the company)
3.) Impressions from the people who actually heard it and endless interrogations and assumptions from other people about the sound.

Surprisingly, I found a bit more negative posts than positive posts inside of that 2000+ post thread, they are...
1.) Too expansive.
2.) Doubt it will ever reach 'high-end'
3.) Design, people keep saying. 'ugly' (even excluding ones in this thread)

Both positive and negative posts take each 20% of the posts, while 50% of the posts is completely off-topic.
Last 10% of the thread is debating whether HD800 will keep 1400$ mark, whether this can would be discounted, etc. All about price speculation.

To be honest, I really do not see so much raving about the cans; people are rather very cautious and have some good amount of doubts (so do I.) Search my posts on HD800 and try to find any posts where I blindlessly praise HD800 other than saying "Design is fine."

I conjure due to economic crisis, people are more careful about things would cost a lot of money.
Conclusion? The 2000+ thread is surprisingly neutral, inclined to negatively due to design and price issue.

In contrast, you guys began bashing HD800s due to plastic body/silver color, and continued (and continue as well) to claim HD800s are not worth for money. This thread is none but filled with negative views, other than people's posts trying to defend HD800s in terms of design, usually saying "For me the design is fine", "I don't care", "There are other expensive and more ugly phones." For negatively alone, only Bose and Skullcandy threads beat this thread.

I have a crazy idea. If you really dislike this thread so much, then don't post here anymore. The forum rules state that heated debate is power for the course and is to be encouraged. When I think of "bashing" something, I think of mindless ridicule, however that is not the case with the opening post or other posts on this thread. In fact, at one point, several of us were discussing how to treat the Leona plastic so it looked and felt substantial, without having to look cheesy, like simulated metal. I for one, considered this a positive discussion. Who are "you guys" anyway? I know I am one guy who has thoughtfully and carefully stated my argument and I wouldn't have spent so much time on it if I didn't care about the HD800. I do care and that it why I titled my post to bite hard, very hard. I made the title of the thread difficult to forget and I meant every word of it. It is fine that you disagree here but I have yet to read one post that bashes the HD800. In any case, even if someone did bash the HD800, how is that a moral pejorative? If someone praises something then it is "good". If someone bashes something then it is "bad". I just don't see the connection myself. One thing we know for sure on this thread is that the HD800 is spray-painted silver plastic. The aversion to this kind of treatment on electronics (or cars for that matter) does not only apply to the HD800, but is a ubiquitous practice everywhere one looks. It just so happens that the HD800, which is Sennheiser's new reference headphone, has decided to wear the same jacket as so many others in this business, and being that this is a headphone forum, has invited praise and protests alike. I don't find anything wrong with it wnmnkh.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #464 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You probably do not know denon is infamous for crappy build quality of its headphones.

Nope. Hope mine don't fall apart within the next several years, then.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #465 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferraro25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. Hope mine don't fall apart within the next several years, then.

Just be carefuly with that bolt which connects between housing and headband (the most problematic part), then you should be fine.

I also have D5000s and I am very careful with mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back