Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Sep 4, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #6,601 of 8,696
Can somebody recommend a good aftermarket cable company to get a 1.5m 4.4mm balanced cable for the 800S? I really like the stock cable but the 3m lenght makes it not really usable away from my desktop (if I dont want to wrap it around my neck that is :p). I´m looking at arctic cables right now as they seem to look quite legit. Prices are through the roof though for anything besides the first 1-3 available options. I don´t really believe in a cable improving the sound (don´t flame me if you happen to believe in it - to each their own) so I´d think their core series should be more than enough for my needs.

Also found Apos cable which look quite good but dont ship to Europe. It´s important the cable is not microphonic as I´m planning to use it with my DAP to move about in the house or maybe outside. Wouldn´t want to spend more than 150 € on a cable. Thanks in advance!

How about Hart Audio cables? They sell an HD800S cable for $85, then modular connectors for various prices, usually under $20. That's what I bought and I've been very happy with the cable. It works very well as a portable option too since the cable itself is supple and thin.

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #6,602 of 8,696
How about Hart Audio cables? They sell an HD800S cable for $85, then modular connectors for various prices, usually under $20. That's what I bought and I've been very happy with the cable. It works very well as a portable option too since the cable itself is supple and thin.
thanks! Will give them a look.

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #6,604 of 8,696
Can somebody recommend a good aftermarket cable company to get a 1.5m 4.4mm balanced cable for the 800S? I really like the stock cable but the 3m lenght makes it not really usable away from my desktop (if I dont want to wrap it around my neck that is :p). I´m looking at arctic cables right now as they seem to look quite legit. Prices are through the roof though for anything besides the first 1-3 available options. I don´t really believe in a cable improving the sound (don´t flame me if you happen to believe in it - to each their own) so I´d think their core series should be more than enough for my needs.

Also found Apos cable which look quite good but dont ship to Europe. It´s important the cable is not microphonic as I´m planning to use it with my DAP to move about in the house or maybe outside. Wouldn´t want to spend more than 150 € on a cable. Thanks in advance!

Ted Allen (Headphone Lounge) headphone cables

tedallen0220@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #6,605 of 8,696

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/category.php?id_category=36

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #6,606 of 8,696

https://www.customcans.co.uk/

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #6,607 of 8,696

https://www.instagram.com/rotmanns.cables/?hl=en

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #6,608 of 8,696

https://www.cosmic-cables.co.uk/

Very quick turnaround and a nice guy to deal with.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #6,609 of 8,696
thanks a lot guys! Will check them out. Should have plenty to choose from now.

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #6,610 of 8,696
What is the real effect on the hd800s using good third party leather pads such as those from delkoni? These headphones are a wonderful fit apart from the stock ear pads which cause me some friction. If the leather pads do not change or even enhance the SQ i might very well go for a hd800s.

However on searching the posts it seems opinion is divided on this one with some saying no effect on SQ and some saying a big change on the sound signature of the headphones. The hd800s would be a very nicely priced TOTL open headphone to pair with my chord dave. Opinions much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #6,612 of 8,696
love hd800S as is

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #6,614 of 8,696
The HD800S with a little EQ ,… most TOTL Headphones can hide without EQ 😉

1F49F055-8935-4DD2-82F7-689A604B884C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back