Sennheiser HD6xx - Amp/Dac O2+ODac Vs Schiit Stack(Modi 2 + Magni 3)?

Which one is the best to pair with 6XX to get the best sound exprience in a great price?

• Schiit Stack(Modi 2 + Magni 3)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Desktop Objective2 with ODAC Rev B.

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Other product that weren't mention.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Audio-GD NFB-11

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
Oct 17, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #17 of 89
I change my vote from magni 3 + modi 2 to nfb 11 for amp/dac combo (it might be a different case if its mimby). Hope this help.
Yeah, it is 150$ more, all of the the purchase process is weird but amazing.
And as zeos says " a close cult of chinese audiophiles, that open the gates and sell products, bad website design don't care, really weird payment process don't care." and the best phrase " It is not a product that made in china, it is a product that made by chinese people". (i think it was the serious part of this zeos review, most of the other part of the video, was him touching the amp and being crazy, as usual.)
But my main quesion IS I WORTH THE 150$?
I know it is better than the jotunheim, but still schiit stack aren't enough, for the 6xx?
Because if i have two great products with a-lot of good reviews and both of them have resonable price for what they offering, and one of them is more expensive with more loaded more audiophile staff, of course the expensive one will be better, but is is it worth? is it noticeable?
When DMS3 say that the nfb 11 is x8 better than the o2+Odac, does it really that much better with the 6xx?
Just want to drive them to their max and enjoy every detail as much as i can for a good price :)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #18 of 89
And as zeos says " a close cult of chinese audiophiles, that open the gates and sell products, bad website design don't care, really weird payment process don't care." and the best phrase " It is not a product that made in china, it is a product that made by chinese people".
I know it is better than the jotunheim, but still schiit stack aren't enough, for the 6xx?
Because if i have two great products with a-lot of good reviews and both of them have resonable price for what they offering, and one of them is more expensive with more loaded more audiophile staff, of course the expensive one will be better, but is is it worth? is it noticeable?
When DMS3 say that the nfb 11 is x8 better than the o2+Odac, does it really that much better with the 6xx?
Just want to drive them to their max and enjoy every detail as much as i can for a good price :)

My only comment with the 6XX is it will upscale with better setup and that's a great thing about the headphones. I thought I am settled with bifrost+valhalla2 and end up I am not and just keep upgrading. Invest the $150 for nfb11 is worth every penny because when you hearing $1000 or more setup, the sound improvement margin is getting smaller. But from a $100 to $300-$400, the difference is quite noticable. I am not sure about x8 better but you can definitle hear the difference.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 89
And as zeus says " a close cult of chinese audiophiles, that open the gates and sell products, bad website design don't care, really weird payment process don't care." and the best phrase " It is not a product that made in china, it is a product that made by chinese people". (i think it was the serious part of this zeus review, most of the other part of the video, was him touching the amp and being crazy, as usual.)
Who says he's better than Jotunheim? What Zeos said is that if you do not intend to use the balanced output then it would be better to buy the NFB 11, otherwise the Jot would be the better option when the HD 650 and schiit stack, well, in all forums that I saw people asking for recommendations for amlificadores the stack stack was always the most recommended, not for being the best but for being the cheapest but with enough power to drive them, but if I were not to buy Project Polaris I would buy NFB 11.28, I think it's the best amp / dac in this price range.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #20 of 89
My only comment with the 6XX is it will upscale with better setup and that's a great thing about the headphones. I thought I am settled with bifrost+valhalla2 and end up I am not and just keep upgrading. Invest the $150 for nfb11 is worth every penny because when you hearing $1000 or more setup, the sound improvement margin is getting smaller. But from a $100 to $300-$400, the difference is quite noticable. I am not sure about x8 better but you can definitle hear the difference.
I think the main reason that the mayflower and schiit doesn't have the same price range with the audio-gd products is taxes and access to shenzen district.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #21 of 89
Who says he's better than Jotunheim? What Zeos said is that if you do not intend to use the balanced output then it would be better to buy the NFB 11, otherwise the Jot would be the better option when the HD 650 and schiit stack, well, in all forums that I saw people asking for recommendations for amlificadores the stack stack was always the most recommended, not for being the best but for being the cheapest but with enough power to drive them, but if I were not to buy Project Polaris I would buy NFB 11.28, I think it's the best amp / dac in this price range.
What do you mean by balance output? as i understand from zeos the jut has more outputs and this is the main advantage over the nfb.
I know the schiit it is the cheapest stack, but upgrade to the nfb is it really noticeable?

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #22 of 89
If you want the best for the 6xx’s that would be a Bottlehead Crack.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #23 of 89
I'll be honest with you, I've never used any type of HI-FI product, probably my opinion should be the last one heard here, the little I know about audio was what I read in review, forums and videos, but by what I read Jotunheim takes advantage if you use the balanced dac, otherwise it is better to save money and buy the NFB 11.28, these were the words of the Zeos that also is not there that expert that appears to be, at least it is what several people say, I particularly prefer to have an amplifier and a separate dac if I want to use more than one amplifier, so I could transfer the signal from the dac to each of them, but if it is to use only a combo I would prefer NFB 11.28 to save money and also because they say that Jot dac is not very good, now as your question as to what is balanced output is this there of the image below:
jounheim-front-1920.jpg

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #24 of 89
If you want the best for the 6xx’s that would be a Bottlehead Crack.
lost interest in the Bottlehead Crack when I discovered that it's only good headphones of high impedance, if I buy an amplifier so I hope it's good with everyone, of course some headphones have a better synergy with certain amplifiers but "for me" which I use should accept most of the headphones, so I think the Bottlehead S.E.X. is the best option despite the higher price.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #25 of 89
What do you mean by balance output? as i understand from zeos the jut has more outputs and this is the main advantage over the nfb.
I know the schiit it is the cheapest stack, but upgrade to the nfb is it really noticeable?
Balanced output is from a balanced amp as it separates the signal with both sides right and left have their own ground. Most balanced amps output twice the power as their single ended side so some come to the conclusion that it sounds better as louder sounds better but I’m not so sure. I have both balanced and single ended amps but have yet to try the 6xx’s on balanced so I’ll refrain until I make a cable to try it balanced.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #26 of 89
lost interest in the Bottlehead Crack when I discovered that it's only good headphones of high impedance, if I buy an amplifier so I hope it's good with everyone, of course some headphones have a better synergy with certain amplifiers but "for me" which I use should accept most of the headphones, so I think the Bottlehead S.E.X. is the best option despite the higher price.
Pretty sure I said it will only be good for high impedance headphones. Not wanting to highjack this thread.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #27 of 89
Pretty sure I said it will only be good for high impedance headphones. Not wanting to highjack this thread.
But then, are you going to buy the Sennheiser HD 660 S? I was absolutely sure that I would buy the HD 650 but sennheiser decided to launch it just to make me change my mind, I'm sure this update is better than the original but something tells me it's not worth 500 dollars.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #28 of 89
No I can’t see buying them in the near future. I’ll have to wait till I hear them.yes $500 is a steep increase and would have to be spectacular for me to pull the trigger.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #29 of 89
I'll be honest with you, I've never used any type of HI-FI product, probably my opinion should be the last one heard here, the little I know about audio was what I read in review, forums and videos, but by what I read Jotunheim takes advantage if you use the balanced dac, otherwise it is better to save money and buy the NFB 11.28, these were the words of the Zeos that also is not there that expert that appears to be, at least it is what several people say, I particularly prefer to have an amplifier and a separate dac if I want to use more than one amplifier, so I could transfer the signal from the dac to each of them, but if it is to use only a combo I would prefer NFB 11.28 to save money and also because they say that Jot dac is not very good, now as your question as to what is balanced output is this there of the image below:
Can you give me more detail about bottlehead product, i can't accsess to their site, what are they asking for?
Balanced output is from a balanced amp as it separates the signal with both sides right and left have their own ground. Most balanced amps output twice the power as their single ended side so some come to the conclusion that it sounds better as louder sounds better but I’m not so sure. I have both balanced and single ended amps but have yet to try the 6xx’s on balanced so I’ll refrain until I make a cable to try it balanced.
So i contact audio-gd and get a price estimate with shipping,taxes(hope it is include) and TCXO upgrade = 380$

Schiit stack with modi 2 and magni 3 with the cheapest delivery option= 246$

114 $ difference (without the TCXO upgrade)
Does it worth it?
Black friday is next month, so maybe schiit stack will be much cheaper.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #30 of 89
Can you give me more detail about bottlehead product, i can't accsess to their site, what are they asking for?

So i contact audio-gd and get a price estimate with shipping,taxes(hope it is include) and TCXO upgrade = 380$

Schiit stack with modi 2 and magni 3 with the cheapest delivery option= 246$

114 $ difference (without the TCXO upgrade)
Does it worth it?
Black friday is next month, so maybe schiit stack will be much cheaper.
Just have to say that I haven't heard this particular unit so can't say. Your on your own here. I do think all the Audio GD stuff I have heard was very good though but can't say if it is better than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back