Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #5,416 of 9,626
Great this makes me not regretting for NOT buying one of the made in Ireland models at all. Many thanks.

The fact is that they use same drivers :) so its ok what ever you like . Personally and thats my taste :) I like the new design better, but for me and my older 6.. vs I have only one new 660s to see ( maybe other made in Romania 660s are different dont know MikeF knows better) the 660s Headband has better refinement the edges are smoother and I have to crackling noises like my others have . Also the pads on my 660S are thicker than 600,6XX,58X ( I dont know about the new Romania 600 and 650) and also the velour on my HD660S have different pattern side by side it looks like the use different velour .
I think I am getting peaky :)

In the end sound matters and HD660s sound great.

Before my first Sennheiser Headphone , my main loves was B&W , B&O and I still remember listening on my P5s wireless songs at my office it was the day that I first open the box of the Sennheiser HD600 I thought that someone is making a prank to me the cable was terrible without any logo on it , the rubber was terrible without being polished , the plastics was terrible and noise , the pads wasn't memory foam , the velour was also bad quality compared to sheepskin leather , everything was plastic on HD600 with not smooth edges , the metal grill on the drivers was easy to push it inside ,the foam inside the earcups was like the foam that they use on cheap airplane headphones that give for gift….
I take off my BW p5s and put it next to HD600 and make a call to see if they send me a Replica of these LEGENDERY HD600s , They told me no Sir they are original Sennheisers . OMG I felt soooo stupid ... Until I listen my first track on them and forgot everything about build .

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #5,419 of 9,626
The fact is that they use same drivers :) so its ok what ever you like . Personally and thats my taste :) I like the new design better, but for me and my older 6.. vs I have only one new 660s to see ( maybe other made in Romania 660s are different dont know MikeF knows better) the 660s Headband has better refinement the edges are smoother and I have to crackling noises like my others have . Also the pads on my 660S are thicker than 600,6XX,58X ( I dont know about the new Romania 600 and 650) and also the velour on my HD660S have different pattern side by side it looks like the use different velour .
I think I am getting peaky :)

In the end sound matters and HD660s sound great.

Before my first Sennheiser Headphone , my main loves was B&W , B&O and I still remember listening on my P5s wireless songs at my office it was the day that I first open the box of the Sennheiser HD600 I thought that someone is making a prank to me the cable was terrible without any logo on it , the rubber was terrible without being polished , the plastics was terrible and noise , the pads wasn't memory foam , the velour was also bad quality compared to sheepskin leather , everything was plastic on HD600 with not smooth edges , the metal grill on the drivers was easy to push it inside ,the foam inside the earcups was like the foam that they use on cheap airplane headphones that give for gift….
I take off my BW p5s and put it next to HD600 and make a call to see if they send me a Replica of these LEGENDERY HD600s , They told me no Sir they are original Sennheisers . OMG I felt soooo stupid ... Until I listen my first track on them and forgot everything about build .

I also prefer the new headband style of the Romanian made models. There's less clamping force, the swivels go further front and back, so it has better adjustment on the head to get a perfect fit. Maybe it's my imagination, but I could swear the plastic is lighter as well. At least comparing the old and new HD600.

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #5,420 of 9,626
Just dig the heck out of these cans. Music is meant to bring emotion. If it doesn't, you might be listening to the wrong music. Headphones are meant to enhance that experience. If they don't, you're listening to the wrong headphones.
Going through my catalog, I just had to listen to AC DC's 74' Jailbreak album. I almost forgot how good it is. Oh wait, no I didn't! What I'd give to only see the man live in concert one time. RIP Bon....

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #5,421 of 9,626
So I got my new pair of 660's last evening. I noticed as I was listening to some music that if I turned, in my chair, the left channel cuts in and out. I'm using the same Sennheiser short cable that I got 2 years ago with my 6XX's. Using the same amp I've used for 2 years (JDS Labs Element). And, when I switch back to my HD 600's I don't have this issue.

What could be causing that channel cutting in and out, slight crackle?

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #5,422 of 9,626
@Tripokaridos

As promised:

eBay cable connector:
IMG_20200125_105308215.jpg

Vs

Amazon cable

IMG_20200125_105532994.jpg

Vs original

IMG_20200125_110905749.jpg

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #5,424 of 9,626
So I got my new pair of 660's last evening. I noticed as I was listening to some music that if I turned, in my chair, the left channel cuts in and out. I'm using the same Sennheiser short cable that I got 2 years ago with my 6XX's. Using the same amp I've used for 2 years (JDS Labs Element). And, when I switch back to my HD 600's I don't have this issue.

What could be causing that channel cutting in and out, slight crackle?
Try to use the original 660S cable and tell us if does that again.

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #5,427 of 9,626
The white one looks good , the black it looks fatter.
Is it possible to give us the link of these white ones to buy one for my hd600

The one with the white connectors is the ablet one from Amazon in the link provided in the 5427 post above.

The other one with the black connectors I bought it from the following link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-cores-Ea...-HD580-HD600-HD650-HD660s-HDXXX-/223738981059

Just to be clear I do not propose to buy the one from Amazon since it is a bit stiff and microphonic. For me the problem is the length that is 2m long and it is too long for me. But it has great connectors like the original ones only more beautiful. The sound quality is also great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back