Sennheiser HD650 vs. Stax 2020 Basic System: a comparison
Aug 25, 2004 at 5:07 PM Post #61 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
Now it's getting funny again.
tongue.gif

BTW, Mike, you (purposely?) have forgotten to answer to my «distortion» objection.

peacesign.gif

Nothing is perfect, but something is best.

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #62 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Scarpitti
Nothing is perfect, but something is best.

And that's the answer to what? (You're winding like a worm...)

Again: you claim that electrostatics have lower distortion. What's the basis for this claim?

peacesign.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #64 of 162
A single comment, formed as a question. This is my only input.

Sennheiser, a manufacturer of exceedingly high quality headphones including some of the best performing dynamics discussed here, chose to produce 2 headphones of superior "statement" quality, one cost-no-object.

What was their choice of transducer technology?

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #65 of 162
I cannot believe Mike hasn't been banned yet
eek.gif

confused.gif
merton?
confused.gif

I thought I was close to being banned a few times...now I dont have to worry...if this guy can get away with all this crap then I can relax and be myself
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #66 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
And that's the answer to what? (You're winding like a worm...)

Again: you claim that electrostatics have lower distortion. What's the basis for this claim?

peacesign.gif

I think the only basis for his claim is the effective moving mass of the transducers. But he has constantly ignored my statement that damping also factors into the transient-response equation, and the "fastest" drivers hardly sound best.

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:41 PM Post #67 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake

Sennheiser, a manufacturer of exceedingly high quality headphones including some of the best performing dynamics discussed here, chose to produce 2 headphones of superior "statement" quality, one cost-no-object.

And my only input in the form of a question.

But which headphone is considered the king?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #68 of 162
Quote:

This crosses the line to insult, I believe.

By the way, you mis-spelled 'intelligence.'

LOL! Hey Mike, it's refreshing to see that at least you have a sense of humor regarding the matter.
biggrin.gif
BTW, you misspelled "mis-spelled"! Your use of a hyphen is grammarically incorrect.
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #69 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I cannot believe Mike hasn't been banned yet
eek.gif

confused.gif
merton?
confused.gif

I thought I was close to being banned a few times...now I dont have to worry...if this guy can get away with all this crap then I can relax and be myself
tongue.gif

ditto

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #70 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake

I don't think anyone here is denying that an electrostatic transducer can provide excellent results. One could even reasonably argue that it is the "best" type to use. However, that said, simply being an electrostat doesn't in and of itself constitute a superiour product. There are a great many aspects to creating a headphone (or speaker) that affect sound "quality" and that is the point that most posters are trying to get across that certain other posters seem to be blithly ignoring. Though by now it seems pretty clear that Mike is a very devious individual
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #71 of 162
Quote:

You claim: "The HD-650 is capable of equal detail, and better impact, than the SR-404. "
What you claim is a physical impossibility and can be dismissed out of hand.

LOL Mike! I love your stuff, man. Keep it up!
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #73 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
Headfi needs a town idiot and I do believe Mike has positioned himself at the top of the list of candidates.

Somewhere out there, a village is missing its resident idiot...

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:58 PM Post #74 of 162
To me it seems like mike is the center of topic here.
So here I go:
Some speakers have hybrid construction building electrostat and dynamic together. Can there be any hybrid construction in headphones? Literally and physically giving the best of the both world?? I've designed many headphones, but like I said I'm a designer, not an engineer.

Aug 25, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #75 of 162
The AKG K340 is the only hybrid designed I've heard of.

Doesn't the engineer and designer need to work together to make the final sound though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back