Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #30,196 of 46,554

Are you a pensioner?
wink.gif

Yep, Living in a retirement community in Central Florida, just like heaven.  LOL

+1     Living my retirement into my 3rd year as of Oct. 4th, moved to the Maritimes (Nova Scotia) in a small village with a quaint narrow river right across the road from our house.  Many trees, 1 acre of land, Bald eagles flying nearby, ducks, all types of birds, guinea hens running up and down the road, mother duck and babies crossing the road, neighbour 3 houses down raising hens (rooster crows all day - braggart), another has goats, 2 houses from him this guy buys an older bull calf every year.  The calf spends the whole Summer fenced in 2 acres of land and eats the grass then in late October it disapears into the guys freezer, every year so far.  That's the way people live here & I love it. No buses, no businesses except in the adjacent town (gotta eat -10 minute drive), no sirens, no loud music from neighbours or whatever else one finds in major cities.  But hey, that's just what my wife & I like.  Beautiful Atlantic ocean beaches 15-20 minute drives; bring the dog and enjoy the experience, take it all in.  We both grew up in Ottawa = big city so this is new for us and we're quite happy.

Yep, Living in a retirement community in Central Florida, just like heaven.  LOL

I'm a codger too. Working though at the moment and staying in a place called Norwich, in Norfolk, UK but I'm going home tomorrow!! Miss the old comfy chair and whisky bottle.

I just can't resist money. It's terrible.
tongue.gif

Ian, Sal + me = Codgers. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #30,199 of 46,554

I've got Hawaii covered, retired and enjoying here.  Just finished moving, here's a picture from my lanai.

Ala Wai canal and Ala Moana beach park

Beautiful David.  My wife & I went to Honolulu (Oahu) in 2009.  We spent the first week touring the whole island on a city bus pass.  The bus does the whole island.  We went to the Polynesian village, to the place where they filmed Jurassic Park and we spent a day at Somerset Beach north of the island; just beautiful.  Of course we also visited Pearl Harbor but the weather wasn't good that day so we couldn't take the boat to go visit the Arizona memorial.  2nd week we cruised the rest of the Hawaiin Islands.  You, sir, are living in paradise.
beerchug.gif

I forgot, this is the HD650 thread :  I'm listening to the Wildflowers album/ Tom Petty w/ my HD650s (there that should cover it) 
wink_face.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #30,200 of 46,554
I'm a codger too. Working though at the moment and staying in a place called Norwich, in Norfolk, UK but I'm going home tomorrow!! Miss the old comfy chair and whisky bottle.

I just can't resist money. It's terrible.
tongue.gif

Never seen a Funeral Hearst going down the street with a Wells Fargo security truck behind it,   You can't take it with you brother. Enjoy it and be generous to the ones you love and those in need. The trick is leave this world with it all spent.
Cheers,
Sal

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #30,202 of 46,554
When my wife & I came back to Scotland from Canada in 2000 we kinda thought that might be the last big move. Sadly not. We're going to live in Spain for the next few months and then we're off to France. That should be our last move. If I can retire with a pool I've made it.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #30,203 of 46,554
  When my wife & I came back to Scotland from Canada in 2000 we kinda thought that might be the last big move. Sadly not. We're going to live in Spain for the next few months and then we're off to France. That should be our last move. If I can retire with a pool I've made it.

You need to get to a place with palm trees, sun and warmth all year long and both fresh and salt bodies of water close at hand to enjoy. That's the way the Lord had things laid out in Eden.  Just watch out for the sharks, gators and other predators.
Be well and enjoy your golden years. :wink:

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #30,204 of 46,554
  I've got Hawaii covered, retired and enjoying here.  Just finished moving, here's a picture from my lanai.

Ala Wai canal and Ala Moana beach

Hawaii is just a paradise, beautiful.
Our community is built on a 250 acre freshwater lake for watersports, fishing, etc. Then the Atlantic coast is about 80 miles to the east and the intercoastal shore is only about 80 miles to the west. So you can have it either way, sun raises or sun sets..  Love it.
Cheers,  Sal

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #30,208 of 46,554
I'm a ways off from retirement, but I like it the way it is. About 3-4 hrs drive from Jasper Natl Park and the Rockies. Came originally from Toronto 17 yrs ago, so Edmonton was quite a shock for me (much quieter, smaller urban place, plenty of trails, parks, river valley, a bit redneck). Cooler winters, but I like it that way. Haven't done the palm tree/beach stuff yet, but Hawaii has always been top of my list of places to visit in the USA.

650: Got it a few yrs back from an EBay reseller, love it still now. A music lover's HP for sure.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #30,209 of 46,554
 With all this retirement talks making me want to retire very early
biggrin.gif
but then i have a long way to go,so for now i will enjoy working away from home weeks or months at a time and whenever i'am at Home enjoying my rig(specially the HD 650/BH CRACK).I hope you semi or retired guys are still subscribed to this thread when i retire
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #30,210 of 46,554
What the dang. When I retire, I'm going to buy places in Florida, Hawaii, N.S., and the South of France/Spain, stash my money (for longer life), give away some of it to the less fortunate, take Crack, have SEX, and enjoy my 650! Oh yeah, and listen to the BBC, of course.... 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back