Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #30,214 of 46,564

You should try one one day. I've become a total Crackhead. Its praise is absolutely justified and I'm not saying a thing like that often. It's just synergy with HD6x0 but also the T1 works very sweet for me now. Roll in a good tube though like the Tung Sol 5998 and a RCA Cleartop to give you one of the finest presentations.

Thanks. It's very interesting and makes me go hmm. More mid-bass but perceived as less. I don't know man 
biggrin.gif
 I do understand and nowadays fully agree with the refinement of the 650 over the 600. It was tricky to really get it but I'm ok now.

I'll elaborate on it a bit better. The HD 650 hits notably harder and is more clearly defined in the bass than HD 600 and with certain songs especially with bass heavy electronica and with certain movies/games it becomes quite obvious the HD 650 has more bass. The HD 600 hits less hard but has quite a bloomy bass, it's sort of hard to explain but it has this presence to it that shouldn't really be there that also muddles up the bass a bit.

Appreciate it. Will investigate before I sell the HD 600 and not have to buy it for a fourth time LOL

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #30,218 of 46,564
The headphones are fantastic, but when I stand up with them the left side looses bass for a moment and then it returns. When sitting they work perfectly. The cord does not seem to be the issue, nor the cable connection. Even when tapping and jiggling the headphones this problem does not arise. I don't want to send them back to amazon due to the hassle, but do you all think this is worthwhile to exchange them. Like I said, for normal listening there is no problem.

Edit: I've requested replacement phones from amazon and I will ship these back. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #30,219 of 46,564
  The headphones are fantastic, but when I stand up with them the left side looses bass for a moment and then it returns. When sitting they work perfectly. The cord does not seem to be the issue, nor the cable connection. Even when tapping and jiggling the headphones this problem does not arise. I don't want to send them back to amazon due to the hassle, but do you all think this is worthwhile to exchange them. Like I said, for normal listening there is no problem.

Could be many things so this is just a shot in the dark, unplug the cable from your headphones and plug them back in making sure the L and R lettering are on the outside the headphone.  Another thing depending on how old your HD650 is, some of the older model cable connectors on the phone itself have a spring that loses connection which can be easily diy replaced

Hope this helps....

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #30,220 of 46,564
  I'm a ways off from retirement, but I like it the way it is. About 3-4 hrs drive from Jasper Natl Park and the Rockies. Came originally from Toronto 17 yrs ago, so Edmonton was quite a shock for me (much quieter, smaller urban place, plenty of trails, parks, river valley, a bit redneck). Cooler winters, but I like it that way. Haven't done the palm tree/beach stuff yet, but Hawaii has always been top of my list of places to visit in the USA.

650: Got it a few yrs back from an EBay reseller, love it still now. A music lover's HP for sure.

Experience living in a much warmer climate for a while, you may lose your appreciation of "cooler" weather real fast. I did the snowbird thing between my lifetime home in Chicago and Central Florida for about 5 years. After retirement I sold everything I owned in that frozen tundra as fast as I could and moved down here permanently. If I never see a landscape full of  ice and snow again it will be too soon. If the Lord intended us to live in those northern types of climates he would have put a layer of fur on us like he did the animals. LOL

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #30,221 of 46,564
I just listened to Adele's new single: Hello, via TIDAL, with my desktop rig and the HD-650s.

Man, is it just me is this recording LOUD? It sounds like she is screaming at you and I kept turning down the volume, but it doesn't help.

She needs a new audio engineer, but I am guessing her core audience likes the "power" and "loudness" of her recordings.

Adele - Hello - YouTube 

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #30,222 of 46,564
  I just listened to Adele's new single: Hello, via TIDAL, with my desktop rig and the HD-650s.

Man, is it just me is this recording LOUD? It sounds like she is screaming at you and I kept turning down the volume, but it doesn't help.

She needs a new audio engineer, but I am guessing her core audience likes the "power" and "loudness" of her recordings.

Adele - Hello - YouTube 

It's the same with Sia. And it's such a shame, she's a good singer but her songs are compressed into oblivion.

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #30,223 of 46,564
Experience living in a much warmer climate for a while, you may lose your appreciation of "cooler" weather real fast. I did the snowbird thing between my lifetime home in Chicago and Central Florida for about 5 years. After retirement I sold everything I owned in that frozen tundra as fast as I could and moved down here permanently. If I never see a landscape full of  ice and snow again it will be too soon. If the Lord intended us to live in those northern types of climates he would have put a layer of fur on us like he did the animals. LOL
I'd still like to try the cold for a bit. I've spent 49 years in Louisiana and summers are just brutal.

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #30,224 of 46,564
Gosh, I miss these headphones so much. I actually came back to the U.S. in August, but my headphone rig is in Alaska while I am in Washington state looking for a job. Don't want to ship all of my stuff until I decide where I am going to settle down for work. Right now, I am getting by on my IEM setup, but headphones are such a different experience. Someday...

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #30,225 of 46,564
Our house has been sold from under us and in the next few weeks my wife, three dogs & I are relocating from Scotland to Andalusia. Should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back