Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #30,182 of 46,564
Used the cord...
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #30,184 of 46,564
Oh yes. Totally possible. My experience was exclusively Valhalla 1 - great amp but the crack was more exciting. Plus you couldn't roll tubes with it. Now with the better and improved Valhalla 2 you can do it. Unfortunately I have never heard it. If it's on crack level of performance then its definitively a serious contender to consider as due to its lower outpu impedance you can use it with more headphones than the crack.

Cheers,
K

As much as I love my Woo WA3, I am very tempted to try a Valhalla 2. I have some low impedance cans that would benefit from the gain switch. Plus, I have an absurd number of 6N1P compatible tubes I could roll into the amp.

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #30,185 of 46,564
I've had the Cowboy Junkies - Whites Off Earth Now and Trinity Sessions since their release and becoming the darlings of the audio reviewing community at Stereophile, etc in the late 80s. Yep the minimalist recording style and venue present a great live soundstage with wonderful ambiance and a very clean sound. Just about a first for a pop-rock recording.
But as for the music, yawn. Margo's singing and musical style just puts me to sleep. But each to their own on enjoyed styles..
For me they became just another couple albums that got filed away with the rest of the my "to die for" recommended audiophile recordings with good sound but of no musical value to me.  YMMV

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #30,186 of 46,564

I'm not a big fan of hi-res, and for the CJs, especially. But I bought this Live album a while back, and I like it.

http://www.amazon.ca/200-More-Miles-Cowboy-Junkies/dp/B000024KWC/ref=sr_1_15?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1446214649&sr=1-15&keywords=cowboy+junkies

51MkVJbpkVL._SX355_.jpg

IMHO, save your money.  See my quote above.

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #30,187 of 46,564
  My reply did not came out right i hope their are no minor here.
biggrin.gif

Youth education.

I've had the Cowboy Junkies - Whites Off Earth Now and Trinity Sessions since their release and becoming the darlings of the audio reviewing community at Stereophile, etc in the late 80s. Yep the minimalist recording style and venue present a great live soundstage with wonderful ambiance and a very clean sound. Just about a first for a pop-rock recording.
But as for the music, yawn. Margo's singing and musical style just puts me to sleep. But each to their own on enjoyed styles..
For me they became just another couple albums that got filed away with the rest of the my "to die for" recommended audiophile recordings with good sound but of no musical value to me.  YMMV

That's the whole point -- a mellow, slumbering musical style perhaps intended for those times when my brain doesn't want to listen for tiny details but just wants soothing vocals and dark instrumental tonalities played at a snail's pace, without any wincing whatsoever.

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #30,188 of 46,564

Youth education.

That's the whole point -- a mellow, slumbering musical style perhaps intended for those times when my brain doesn't want to listen for tiny details but just wants soothing vocals and dark instrumental tonalities played at a snail's pace, without any wincing whatsoever.

I'd prefer a glass of wine, or a little smoke, and Pink Floyd-David Gilmours Endless River  :wink:

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #30,191 of 46,564
Oct 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #30,192 of 46,564
Oct 30, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #30,194 of 46,564
I'm a codger too. Working though at the moment and staying in a place called Norwich, in Norfolk, UK but I'm going home tomorrow!! Miss the old comfy chair and whisky bottle.

I just can't resist money. It's terrible.
tongue.gif

Bar gigs?  Musician in your Profile. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back