Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #16,367 of 46,499
I can't even properly verbalize how hard it's going to be not to jump on that offer right now. Hopefully in a while it'll still be around. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #16,370 of 46,499
  Razordogaudio, an authorized Sennheiser has HD650 for $495.
$100 dollars off with code: razordog100
And Sennheiser offer $50 dollars rebate
Total comes out $339.

Lol, when I posted this a few pages before, not a single comment :p But I am glad other people are aware of this. This is a really great deal. I ordered mine on Sunday night. Waiting for them to ship. The wait is soooo frustrating hehe. Only two days left according to UPS.

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #16,373 of 46,499
The rebate is nice, but should be considered found money if you happen to get it and not the actual price. A very small percentage of people ever get the rebate. 
ph34r.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #16,376 of 46,499
LCD2.2 arrived yesterday... was so excited I went over to my buddy's place to get him to reterminate the plug to balanced 4-pin XLR right away. Initial listening has confirmed that this was not a wasted purchase
biggrin.gif
. Will post some impressions in comparison with HD 650 in a week or two... need some quality time before I make any comments
o2smile.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #16,379 of 46,499

I wonder if Sennheiser will honor the $50 rebate, after seeing the discount RazorDog did?  Sennheiser is real nuts about price control...

I sure hope so! I am banking on that for the pleasure of knowing I got a great deal (in addition to having to listen to great headphones).

I will send out my request as soon as my headphones come in. And as soon as I hear some confirmation from Sennheiser I will post here if the rebate works on top of razordogaudio's discount (I just hope it does not take long enough for the rebate period to end).

Honestly, I see no reason why it would not. As far as I could discern, there was nothing in the fine print that would suggest this. Oh well, fingers crossed!

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #16,380 of 46,499
  LCD2.2 arrived yesterday... was so excited I went over to my buddy's place to get him to reterminate the plug to balanced 4-pin XLR right away. Initial listening has confirmed that this was not a wasted purchase
biggrin.gif
. Will post some impressions in comparison with HD 650 in a week or two... need some quality time before I make any comments
o2smile.gif

VERY interested in your thoughts on the differences between the two. I'm content with the HD650's, but I have that itch to get something "better".  The LCD2's have been in my sights since I hear they're similar to the HD650's in that they're slightly darker than neutral. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back