Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #32,116 of 46,534
Just got the Analogue Productions reissue of Strong Persuader on vinyl. Sounds better than my old mofi CD. Sounds less 80's. Good stuff...

Don't say VINYL out loud..............
L3000.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #32,121 of 46,534
I don't know what schiity turntables and dirty/scratched up vinyl you guys are listening to, but my Thorens turntable with nice vinyl is very quiet and sounds spectacular.

Save the fairy tales for the little kid's bed time stories.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #32,124 of 46,534
Recently added a Cambridge 851C as a source to my system (851C->Burson HA160D->HD650), and it sounds really impressive. I just had an old Dell laptop connected to the Burson by USB previously, and it sounded pretty 'meh' (at least thinking of how it 'should' sound) but now it's all good. :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #32,125 of 46,534
Two things: I'm finally enjoying my HD Tracks Yes albums, and especially now am digging Yessongs. On my other cans these digital hi-Rez re masters seemed way too bright to the point of being harsh. I still think these particular remasters pale in comparison to the 2011 Jethro Tull remaster though.

Secondly, did anyone ever notice how much Bjork's singing and specifically her unique pronunciation seems inspired by Jon Anderson's vocals?

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #32,126 of 46,534
Two things: I'm finally enjoying my HD Tracks Yes albums, and especially now am digging Yessongs. On my other cans these digital hi-Rez re masters seemed way too bright to the point of being harsh. I still think these particular remasters pale in comparison to the 2011 Jethro Tull remaster though.

Secondly, did anyone ever notice how much Bjork's singing and specifically her unique pronunciation seems inspired by Jon Anderson's vocals?

The hdtracks yes albums are not the Steven Wilson remixes, pretty sure they're the Japanese sacd masters. I agree they're a bit bright and lacking in bass. Great music though. Also agree that the Tull remixes are stellar

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #32,127 of 46,534
I know I'm opening myself up for another jab here lol, but my best sounding Yes stuff is on vinyl. If you don't have a turntable get the Steven Wilson remixes on blu-ray or DVD audio, they're really good too...

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #32,128 of 46,534
I know I'm opening myself up for another jab here lol, but my best sounding Yes stuff is on vinyl. If you don't have a turntable get the Steven Wilson remixes on blu-ray or DVD audio, they're really good too...

Jab you?  Why would I ever jab you for sharing your experience?  I might have a different one, but I'd never insult you.  If everyone had the same experience, then there would only be one type of music or headphone!  :)

Steven Wilson.  Got it. I'll have to see how they stack against my HDTracks files.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #32,129 of 46,534
Jab you?  Why would I ever jab you for sharing your experience?  I might have a different one, but I'd never insult you.  If everyone had the same experience, then there would only be one type of music or headphone!  :)

Steven Wilson.  Got it. I'll have to see how they stack against my HDTracks files.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Wasn't talking about you lol. The Steven Wilson remixes are the best digital files of The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge I've heard. Easily better than the hdtracks files to my ears. Smoother highs, warmer, but still detailed mids, and better bottom end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back