Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #29,041 of 46,564
  Can't wait to hear them 
smile.gif

I think you'll be impressed. Your Audio-GD amp should drive them well too.

beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #29,042 of 46,564
  I grow tired of people talking about headphones and gear that they haven't heard yet much less auditioned and passing judgement. Worse yet making judgemental comments about the quality of reviews when in fact they don't write reviews themselves. If you aren't a supporter, don't read them. If you haven't heard it, don't pass of judgement like you have first hand experience. Not directing at you, just a general comment. I'm just advocating for simply courtesy and respect. If that's not your thing, then it's not. 

+1 on the first comment. There is a lot of ranting from people that 'read something' (seem like more of it, lately). Yay, Internet. 
beerchug.gif

On the second comment, his WA2 + tube rolling review was one of the best tube write-ups I've read on Head-Fi.

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #29,043 of 46,564
What a miserable place this thread has become over the last few pages.

Let's all take some Happy Pills..

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #29,049 of 46,564

I grow tired of people talking about headphones and gear that they haven't heard yet much less auditioned and passing judgement. Worse yet making judgemental comments about the quality of reviews when in fact they don't write reviews themselves. If you aren't a supporter, don't read them. If you haven't heard it, don't pass of judgement like you have first hand experience. Not directing at you, just a general comment. I'm just advocating for simply courtesy and respect. If that's not your thing, then it's not. 

+1 on the first comment. There is a lot of ranting from people that 'read something' (seem like more of it, lately). Yay, Internet. 
beerchug.gif

On the second comment, his WA2 + tube rolling review was one of the best tube write-ups I've read on Head-Fi.

and people shouldn't say guns are dangerous unless they have shot someone themselves. I always love extreme logic ^_^.
knowledge thankfully doesn't only come from our own experience. else we would all be petty ignorant fellows and this website would have zero purpose.
the problem isn't to have tried a product(well it can't hurt), the problem is how hard it is to know when we read something reliable on the web(on headfi always go with "he's wrong", you still get out with much better than 50/50). and that most certainly includes people talking about stuff they tried. If I had a dollar every time someone who tried a device made a ludicrous feedback, I'd be reading this from my castle on the beach.
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #29,050 of 46,564
and people shouldn't say guns are dangerous unless they have shot someone themselves. I always love extreme logic ^_^.
knowledge thankfully doesn't only come from our own experience. else we would all be petty ignorant fellows and this website would have zero purpose.
the problem isn't to have tried a product(well it can't hurt), the problem is how hard it is to know when we read something reliable on the web(on headfi always go with "he's wrong", you still get out with much better than 50/50). and that most certainly includes people talking about stuff they tried. If I had a dollar every time someone who tried a device made a ludicrous feedback, I'd be reading this from my castle on the beach.:D  

Its always better to listen for yourself. Or if not, check several reviews and perspectives. Of course take 1star and 5star reviews with a grain of salt.

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #29,053 of 46,564
What's wrong with a 1 or 5 star review?

So we only take 2,3 and 4 star reviews seriously?

Why?

Because those are the extremes, not saying they arent serious, but those are the ones which leave people with expectation bias usually. Its commonly reffered on head-fi, nothing new.
Its just my opinion. At the end its up to the buyer to decide anyway.

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #29,055 of 46,564
You know what i meant.
wink.gif

I didn't. Are you seriously suggesting this thread should be all about the technicalities and not about the soul? If so, you're in a minority of one. The technicalities of the HD 650 have been done to death my friend. Listen to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back