Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #19,516 of 46,533
Now that Scotland rejoins the union with its head held down in shame Westminster is going to make you pay for such insubordination
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #19,517 of 46,533
I appreciate this my friends. Sadly, as you probably all know, Scotland died last night. Our old people chose their pension before the future of their grandchildren. Utterly shameful. I'm a grown man but we wept this morning. I still am.

TThat's the last I'll post politics here folks, sorry.

My condolences sir, I too was hoping for Scottish independence. Fair these well mate, hope yea have a better tomorrow.

Sep 19, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #19,519 of 46,533
You have been told wrong as that really is just total bollocks imo

A Crack build will take around 5 hrs if your going slow and carefully following and double/triple checking the instructions as you go. The manual is really superb and very detailed, probably 99% of builders have no problems. If you do have a problem this should show up firstly in the resistance checks and then subsequent in the voltage checks.

Bottlehead offer support and advice on the their forum that is really second to none and if you require some trouble shooting or fine tuning this is more often than not done by the amps designer himself or the other members of the bottlehead team. I would add assistance can be found seven days a week on the bottlehead forum for anyone who might encounter problems or just need some reassurance at any stage during the assembly. 

It is also very hard to make a catastrophic mistake with the Crack all the parts except the transformer cost less than a coffee and Bottlehead will often replace a part by return of post if its been damaged during the build for free.
I didn't know that they offer that support.I'm glad you told me, as then maybe I just might consider it. From scarf I've been told about it, it's supposed to have superb sound actually. My group members have shared nothing but positivity on how the bottle head crack sounds with the hd650! I appreciate the clarification very much! Thank you :)

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #19,520 of 46,533
And I was told assembling that bottle head amp is very tough and tedious....one mistake, and your pretty much done....the little dot amps are assembled by professionals, and they're made from high quality parts....just so you know, and are aware
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually building the CRACK is easier than Modding my LD MK III building the adapter and power supply for the MK III is PITA.

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #19,521 of 46,533
Also, the 6ha5's are easily find through tube suppliers, as I was not able to find the 6hm5's without buying from a supplier who i have no idea who they were, and I refused to wire them money through PayPal.....I ordered mine through a very reputable tube supplier in Canada.....Those are my thoughts, and actions

Do you get your tubes from Parts Cxion and Thetube5tor3?I'am looking for some 6DN7's pair.Thanks!

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #19,522 of 46,533
I appreciate this my friends. Sadly, as you probably all know, Scotland died last night. Our old people chose their pension before the future of their grandchildren. Utterly shameful. I'm a grown man but we wept this morning. I still am.

TThat's the last I'll post politics here folks, sorry.

A long long time ago in a country far far away communities were once respectful of their elders holding them in high esteem for their knowledge, wisdom, balance, and life skills they could contribute.  

Grandparents robbing their grandchildren of their future! Just like the sky falling down, something that will never happen.

84.6% percent of the voting population voted.

The press is showing 71% of voters in the 16 to 17 age group voted Yes.

Most 16 year olds I know are poorly equipped to make important decisions independently about a countries future (but I am sure some are). 

Now If it was a vote on the best type of headphone to use for gaming it would be a completely different matter, listen to the young vote HD650 all the way!

Condolences on the vote not going the way you had hoped.

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #19,523 of 46,533
Old people are generally dumb and clinging on to ancient values that no longer exist. . . in this country at least.

I though this was banned by the TOS.

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #19,524 of 46,533
  Old people are generally dumb and clinging on to ancient values that no longer exist. . . in this country at least.

Being a generally old and dumb person clinging on to ancient values( like headphones that have some fidelity - HD650
wink.gif
), I like to wildly generalise about young people who have no discernment (buy Beats ...) and can't successfully complete a simple task they've been shown how to do countless times; but to each their own.

I presume "in this country ..." is referring to Scotland?.

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #19,525 of 46,533

I though this was banned by the TOS.

Yes sadly, honesty, integrity, compassion. manners are all fast disappearing funny thing is they all cost nothing to give and can be priceless to those who receive them.  

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #19,526 of 46,533
  Being a generally old and dumb person clinging on to ancient values( like headphones that have some fidelity - HD650
wink.gif
), I like to wildly generalise about young people who have no discernment (buy Beats ...) and can't successfully complete a simple task they've been shown how to do countless times; but to each their own.

I presume "in this country ..." is referring to Scotland?.

*Bump*
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #19,530 of 46,533

Users who are viewing this thread

Back