Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #917 of 980
That red is sweet--when did that come out?
Also, Vikingatheart, I'm selling my 595s in the forums here--if you're on a budget, used might be a good option! :)
I love my 595s...such a crisp clear sound, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the 650s, lol! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #918 of 980

Quote:
That red is sweet--when did that come out?
Also, Vikingatheart, I'm selling my 595s in the forums here--if you're on a budget, used might be a good option! :)
I love my 595s...such a crisp clear sound, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the 650s, lol! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it was back in 05-06. Its some sort of 60th anniversary edition. The HD555 was in Aqua blue and it looked good as well.

Heres an old thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/144472/hd595-red-magic 

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #919 of 980
i decided to return my HD595 to Amazon and went ahead and put in an order for the Denon AHD2000. After 1/2 a month of use, the cans did become warmer and the bass did pick up but something was just lacking in the lower frequencies. I need some decent all around hps and I hope D2000 will be a better fit for me. Hopefully in the future I can return with HD600/HD650s.

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #920 of 980
These HD 595's were on sale at Amazon for $117 a few weeks ago and up until that point I was going to grab the HD 555's. I'm really stoked with the difference, coming from HD 201's. I ended up getting a L3 for my ipod and E7 since I'm always on the go and really couldn't afford anything else. I've been burning them in with this online JLab Audio burn-in player someone recommended to me. Since I'm totally new to the world of hifi, I wanted to know if there are any recommended mods my HD 595's. So far I've seen one about a HD 555 that could be used on these. The one where the mesh from behind the grill is removed. Are there others I could do?

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #921 of 980
Remember that you'd be voiding your warranty with that mod, with no guarantee of any real improvement--no great improvement anyway. Best to just burn in your phones and enjoy them.

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #924 of 980
Hey guys!  Bumping the thread up a bit to say that I've also joined the club.  I've had the HD595 for only a couple of days(got them yesterday gotta love Amazon) and I can already to hear the improvement sound quality wise over my HD515.  The sound signature(in comparison to my HD515) is brighter, more dynamic, I'm hearing more depth and detail in music,  it's less grainy, and just smoother overall.  I'm also impressed with all the additional asthetic touches like the leatherette covered headband with the indented Sennheiser logo, the color scheme, velour earpads, the much sharper looking grill cover the housing for the drivers, it's just a much more elegant looking headphone than its entry level sibling.  I'll be running it from my also newly acquired E9(you just gotta love Amazon), even then it still sounds great from my portable players.  Just an excellent headphone overall and I'm glad to have been able to get one before they're completely sold out, truly a classic from Sennheiser!

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #925 of 980
Heya 595 fans =)

In my opinion the 595's are very good. Sometimes a bit underrated maybe.(have read them beig recommended as "only good for TV headphones")  haha.
With a decent source a nice, upfront sound. Ik like them especilally with rock/guitars, but other genres sound good too.My hd600 has a bit more detail, little better drivers etc.
but:i like the "upfrontness" of the 595.  Good value for money,  and rugged too, i wear them a lot in my bed, and fall often asleep (on them) SInce 3 years now.
The thing is still in perfect shape, lols  And, no, i dont work for sennh.!

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #926 of 980
I completely agree Pennypacker!  The HD595 does not get the credit it deserves, boring, slow, veiled it is not.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #927 of 980
Nabwong ?
I read your comments .. and i saw you said that you test a lot of type music rite ? if those pop song like lady gaga , katy perry , those songs with bass , HD 595 can do it well ?
i means the bass .
thanks for your reply :D

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #929 of 980
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_92300_19644850_pe_00_head/?ASIN=B0001FTVE0 .... $140 on Amazon

Can anyone compare these both sonically and fit to the SRH840? I am thinking of selling my Shures.... I love the sound but they are just too large and top heavy (I have a pretty small head).  I know it's open vs. closed on the subject of sound but are teh HD595 a definite upgrade?... I was thinking about the HD600 ( or maybe even HD650) but If I can snag these for $140 and sound as good as the reviews would lead you to believe... I really can't justify it.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #930 of 980
In comparison to the SRH840, you get a brighter, slightly more dynamic sound that is a bit more upfront due to its more forward midrange.  In detail and overall clarity, its a touch below the SRH840 due to highs that are slightly grainy and the bass doesn't quite extend as low as the Shures, but you'll find noticebly more depth and body to its soundstage. In terms of comfort, the HD595 are much lighter in weight, the open air design as well the velour earpads ensure better wearing comfort for long listening sessions.  If you find the HD6-series a bit expensive, you could do a lot worse than the HD595.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back