Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #511 of 980
I know this is the 595 thread, but I couldn't find a 555 Appreciation Thread, and they are very similar so I'll ask. I would love to shorten the cable on my phones and also change the plug to a 3.5mm. Is it hard to do so?

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #512 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBNaples /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a relative newbie.

I received the 595s from Headroom on monday.

I have had them playing all day since then.

I am now convinced that burn-in is real. At least with these.

I do not know if it is my ears, but the difference since monday is amazing.

Out of the box they seemed not to be much better (maybe smoother) then the PX100s. Now the bass has gotten bigger. The overall texture, more sophisticated.

I still like the E500s better, but these are very very nice.

Any no, no amp.

Mine have rounded out nicely after a good 100 hours as well ...

I also prefer my Shures e4c's a bit more for their neutrality, bass and volume but the Senns are still a great set of cans to keep around (better than the IEM's for movies I think due to soundstage).

Jan 12, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #513 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by syndrome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is the 595 thread, but I couldn't find a 555 Appreciation Thread, and they are very similar so I'll ask. I would love to shorten the cable on my phones and also change the plug to a 3.5mm. Is it hard to do so?

Geez, just look at the previous page and look at my post. It's not a hard thing to do at all. Just practice with other cables so when you decide to do it you won't break your precious headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #514 of 980
love my hd 595s. Using emu 0404 usb which I picked over the total bithead. Incrediablly clear, refined, musical, warm, intimate, upfront and fun. I'm pretty sure emu 0404 usb was that right decision cause i defintely wanted to improve my laptop sound card.

Really like how deep the bass sounds. Don't know if that's the emu 0404 or the hd 595 but i'm defintely like them.

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #515 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian loves music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
love my hd 595s. Using emu 0404 usb which I picked over the total bithead. Incrediablly clear, refined, musical, warm, intimate, upfront and fun. I'm pretty sure emu 0404 usb was that right decision cause i defintely wanted to improve my laptop sound card.

Really like how deep the bass sounds. Don't know if that's the emu 0404 or the hd 595 but i'm defintely like them.

How many hours do you have on the 595's? I'm asking because I'm currently using my ipod as my source and I was thinking of getting the 0404.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #516 of 980
Still waiting for my cans
frown.gif
its been close to a month now, just cleared canadian customs last wednesday so hopefully I'll be able to get them by this friday and get them burned in soon !! I'm dieing to listen to these guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #519 of 980
Been loving these so far--- probably going to upgrade them in the future but for my first decent headphone setup, these defiantly put a smile on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

Dont mind the speaker in the background-- a cheap bookshelf speaker setup from circuit city i got a long time ago before i cared too much about it-

Jan 16, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #520 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone Def /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many hours do you have on the 595's? I'm asking because I'm currently using my ipod as my source and I was thinking of getting the 0404.

about 90 hours so maybe i'll see even more imporvement? you think?

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #521 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by andre.beat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dsc00450dd376.jpg

Just look at how happy those two look together
tongue.gif
. Now I'm saving money for a tube amp (probably the DV 336) and then I'm off head-fi... at least for a while.
smily_headphones1.gif

i see you have the volume up at around 2 o'clock...i haven't moved mine past 12 yet. granted this is my first high-end headphone and I'm kinda scared about blowing them out. how loud do you usually use them

although when its "cranked" up to 12 it's really amazing.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #522 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone Def /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Dude, spill.

What's the combination sound like?

sorry didn't get back to you sooner...

i'm using that combo and it's really amazing. Granted this is my first high end but the bass is REALLY awesome. Listening to a flac rip of daft punk's alive and the bass is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good i'm so happy.

I guess i wasn't that heplful cause I can't offer an comparisons. Let me say though the other day i pluged my hd 595s into my laptop jack instead of my emu 0404 usb and it sounded much thiner and less open. I'm satisified i'm not spending any more money on cans for a long time

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #524 of 980
cool... Admittedly, I use DS (not asio) cause i can't tell the difference using winamp and it strains my comp less and gives me a volume bar...anyone else in the same boat?

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #525 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by andre.beat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually have it set to 12 o'clock and just regulate the volume on foobar. I don't know if this is the recommended procedure or not maybe the "gurus" can tell us
tongue.gif

I believe the "recommended" procedure is to put the volume of whatever application you're using at 100% and regulate with either the volume knob or with the Windows volume. I could be wrong though, it's probably happened before, although I don't recall such an occasion.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back