Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #601 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by BayouSlide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." -- Buddha

I like this quote - does it apply to headphones? I mean, if Jude or Skylab or headphone addict say something - I shouldn't believe it until I buy and test for myself? Or go to a meet?

Sounds like the Buddha was a wise headphone user. Did he have HD595s? Or did he go right to the 600 / 650 category?

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #602 of 980
I would like to think that the Buddha, just like myself, started with the HD595 and then, intrigued by the possibilities, also purchased a pair of HD650s...then further intrigued, decided to upgrade the cables on both of them
biggrin.gif

My favorite koan, also speaks volumes to audiophilia or other such all-consuming passions:

Maku Mozo! ("Do not be deluded!")

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #604 of 980
First Buddha and now Nabwong - the two founders of great religions: Buddhism and HD595 appreciation.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #605 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First Buddha and now Nabwong - the two founders of great religions: Buddhism and HD595 appreciation.

Whoa dude, that's too intense. lol..... I should declare a world holiday for HD595. Keke.

Apr 1, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #606 of 980
^He may have founded the 595 appreciation religion but he sure picked the wrong football team.
wink.gif

Gooner for life!

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #608 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by BayouSlide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soloz Audio offers two different cable upgrades for the 595: I just ordered one.
Headphone Cables

Can't find the original URL but a PDF is avaiable with cable change instructions from Sennheiser. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send you a copy.

Where was this during my insomnia last week? I was hunting all over the web, and then here this is. I am truly humbled... thanks BayouSlide, sorry to everyone else!

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #609 of 980
The Buddha is tapped into the true bliss of the music, even if he only listens through ear buds. The Buddha does not long to upgrade. The Buddha is free from desire.

Tim

Apr 1, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #610 of 980
Damn you BayouSlide!!! DAMN YOU!!!

Now i feel the itch to upgrade the cable...
agh!

Well that soloz audio dude seems to offer nice quality and fair prices i'm seriously thinking of getting a recable of his.

Ah by the way there's the instructions on how to change an original senn cable http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...ontage_eng.pdf
i guess soloz's recables will plug in just like sennheser's

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #611 of 980
I ordered the SPC cable from Soloz for a pair of HD595's I used to own. The cable was top notch! The installation was kinda difficult due to my oversized fat fingers though.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #612 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the SPC cable from Soloz for a pair of HD595's I used to own. The cable was top notch! The installation was kinda difficult due to my oversized fat fingers though.

So, was soldering required?

Did the sound improve significantly?

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #613 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, was soldering required?

Did the sound improve significantly?

No, soldering was not required. Although inserting 4 very small pins into a very small adapter in a difficult to reach location was. I believe the sound quality did improve, but as always that is very subjective. At the time I also ordered an iPod LOD from Soloz and overall that probably masked the improvement if there was one. The original reason I ordered the cable was because I wanted a new cable that was both shorter and had a 1/8 mini adapter. Soloz offered what I considered a reasonable price so I picked it up. Either way Soloz offers what I consider a great product and I would definitely recommend him if a cable upgrade is what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back