1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by nabwong, Aug 13, 2005.
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. donaldekelly Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I believe the sound quality did improve, but as always that is very subjective. At the time I also ordered an iPod LOD from Soloz and overall that probably masked the improvement if there was one.

So, the new line out of your source made it sound better and may have covered up the improvement from just the cable.

Thanks for the info

2. kejar31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    So, the new line out of your source made it sound better and may have covered up the improvement from just the cable.

Thanks for the info

That would be correct.

3. Tone Def
    The cardas cable is thicker right? So how do u increase the size of the hole the cable feeds through?

That spc vs cardass review would be much appreciated.

Cheers

4. (gregor)
    Dang again, the only hope for me now is that I can hold out for the mythical comparison of cardas v. spc. Knowing my luck, though, someone will post a brilliant comparison less than 24 hrs from now, and I will be forced to buy a cable upgrade.
    No Buddah am I.

5. (gregor)
    oh also, my amp finally arrived, and I haven't done anything without my headphones on since then. 595+amp = newbie sonic bliss. its hard to imagine that I was missing so much as little as a month ago, and it only cost me $450! (ouch)

6. kejar31
    Well, before I ordered the cables I did ask a few questions about sound quaity and the difference between the SPC and Cardas.

Here is the email and reply from those questions to Soloz

I hope this helps.

Quote:

Justin,

Thanks for your interest.

1. In regards to the Cardas cable it gives the HD595's an overall smoother sound with more detail and control over the lows.
    2. The cable listed at $65 is a SPC, or silver plated copper cable. Cardas starts at $85 and is a much better sounding cable.
    3. standard plug is a 1/8" mini plug, 1/4" is a few dollars more.
    4. I don't have any higher quality pics at the moment. The cable pictured on my website is a SPC cable and has nylon multifilament sleeving. The Cardas will either be a light blue w/o any sleeving or I can use some techflex. Nylon multifilament is a tight fit without modding the headphones.

I hope I have answered all your questions. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Jacob

- Hide quoted text -
    On Jan 2, 2008 4:20 PM, Justin Rogers <XXXXXXX@gmail.com> wrote:

I am thinking about ordering your cable upgrades for a pair of HD595's I have. Although I have a few questions before I do so.

1. What if any difference does it make to the sound quality?

2. I noticed that you have a 65 dollar and an 85 dollar Cardas option. What is the difference in terms of looks and sound quality if there is any.

3. Do they come with the 1/8 mini jack or the larger 1/4 jack?

4. Could I get some higher quality pics of the cables?

7. (gregor)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by (gregor) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Dang again, the only hope for me now is that I can hold out for the mythical comparison of cardas v. spc. Knowing my luck, though, someone will post a brilliant comparison less than 24 hrs from now, and I will be forced to buy a cable upgrade.
    No Buddah am I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Well, before I ordered the cables I did ask a few questions about sound quaity and the difference between the SPC and Cardas.

Here is the email and reply from those questions to Soloz

I hope this helps.

That was only like an hour and a half. I hate you so much right now kejar...

8. kejar31
    LOL [​IMG] sorry [​IMG]

Although if your looking to improve the overall sound of your system. I would always recommend looking into picking up a better dac or amp before upgrading the cable.

9. (gregor)
    is that a comment on meier amps, or a more general one about portable v stationary dac/amp setups? (not trying to start a fight, actually curious)

10. kejar31
    No, not necessarily, I really can't comment on your 2move as I have never heard one. If you feel you have the amp you want and the dac you want then go ahead and go for the cable upgrade.

11. Tone Def
    Yep, my next upgrade's a shiny new DAC, probably an emu-0202 usb. Comments anyone?

Cheers

12. Olev
    Is that wire soft compared to the original cable? Seems kind of stiff on the picture - I'm thinking of upgrading the cable on my 595's because the 3m cable is a pain in the butt for portable use - I need a shorter cable, but it needs to be soft. By soft I mean something like HD650 stock cable, HD595 original cable is way stiffer.

13. Yo-Yo Ma?
    Hello,

I apologize in advance for my noobness.

I've been an owner of 595's for about a year now and only recently have I been wanting to get into 'higher quality sound'. I do 99% of my listening at home on my laptop with winamp, and I was wondering if you could help me find a DAC and amp because I hear that a dedicated DAC is the way to go when using a laptop as a transport. Or anything like that to get the 'best' quality sound out of my 595's.

I'd say my budget for this would be about $400 for the DAC and amp. I could be willing to spend more if it meant getting the most out of the 595's.

Thanks dudes!

14. kejar31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Olev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Is that wire soft compared to the original cable? Seems kind of stiff on the picture - I'm thinking of upgrading the cable on my 595's because the 3m cable is a pain in the butt for portable use - I need a shorter cable, but it needs to be soft. By soft I mean something like HD650 stock cable, HD595 original cable is way stiffer.

The wire was not real stiff but was not supper soft either.

15. `danny
    I love my pair, paired with a Little dot II++ I am in heaven [​IMG]

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last