Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #436 of 980
Hi guys, I've made the decision to get a HD595 and its on the way now, i look forward to using it since its the first pair of good headphones i will own, im thinking about an amp at the moment, or specifically this one: http://www.headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=333

Any comments about the phone and amp combo? (Im in Aus) I really dont wanna spend more on an amp coz ill need to get a sound card soon as well and i dont kno much about audio either, any comments or suggestions will be appreciated...

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #438 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I've made the decision to get a HD595 and its on the way now, i look forward to using it since its the first pair of good headphones i will own, im thinking about an amp at the moment, or specifically this one: http://www.headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=333

Any comments about the phone and amp combo? (Im in Aus) I really dont wanna spend more on an amp coz ill need to get a sound card soon as well and i dont kno much about audio either, any comments or suggestions will be appreciated...

The Minibox-E amp is supposed to be a pretty good one, but don't forget that the HD595 does sound good unamped as well, so if you're stretching your budget you can always wait and get a better amp later. Either way, you'll be sure to enjoy your 595s!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #439 of 980
Ya, don't worry much about an amp for HD595. I'd suggest this budget be put towards a nicer audio card, maybe if you can stretch your overall budget - E-MU 1616 mates very nicely with hd595 from my experience. At this price range the source improvements will be far more appreciable than amplification upgrades.

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #444 of 980
Hooray! I just got these in today... haven't took them off my head.. except to use the restroom or eat something... its 4AM and woke up from my slumber to listen to these some more :p

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #447 of 980
Has anyone tried the iBasso D1 with the 595s yet? Are they / Should they be a good match?

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #449 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
off-topic

d8168055: what are you doing to that poor snorlax?!
eek.gif

hehe.. he is my "mascot"... but dont worry, he is fine, u can still see the huge smile on his face
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #450 of 980
I'm leaving this thread now since my HD595s have been replaced by a pair of HD650s. Thanks for the memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back