Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #451 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, can the hd595 pads be washed with soap+water?

I don't want the 'pleather' on the back to chip/wear off if i do~!

blink.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #452 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But i find out that Soloz audio sell/make cable for HD595 (SPC/Cardas). And from picture i cannot see if already have that connectors. I must send them e-mail about that. I replaced cable only once with stock because original was damaged. This time i consider to recable with that Soloz cable. Is it worth it? And wich is better? SPC or Cardas? What is difference beetwen stock and recabled? And what is difference with SPC & Cardas version?

I mailed Jacob at Soloz and here's part of his response taken from multiple mails.

Quote:

The advantages of replacing the cable are twofold. first you can choose the length and termination. Do you want a 1/8" or 1/4" plug? Second, the new cable will open your headphones up quite a bit. You'll hear more detail and extended highs and lows.

If the cable changes the sound signature, the SPC will only open the cans up and possibly make them slightly more forward. For example when siting in an auditorium for a concert the new cable might move you up a row or two in perspective. the cable will definitely not make anything worse.

SPC is silver plated copper, Cardas is OFC copper. Overall the Cardas is a much higher quality cable, but also at a much higher cost. The Cardas will offer more dynamic balance and detail while maintaining a more neutral approach and thus preserving the sound signature of your cans more. However, the Cardas cable is thicker and you might have to widen the opening of your headphones slightly. Honestly I would prefer to do the Cardas recable myself as it has been some time since I sold my HD595's so I don't have a pair on hand to fit the thicker cable to.

an upgraded cable for your cans is definitely a worthwhile upgrade in my humble opinion

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #453 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone Def /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mailed Jacob at Soloz and here's part of his response taken from multiple mails.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for help. But i already received mail from them. For now i will just keep stock cable.

Sep 20, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #456 of 980
I am currently the only (I think I am the only anyway) owner of an HD595 upgrade cable from soloz audio. I worked with him on the design, so it does have the little 2+2 DIP connector on the headphone end of the cable, so it is a drop in replacement, no need to solder. It is certainly a worthwhile upgrade, not only for sound quality but for looks too, no more bent wire.

Sep 20, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #457 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currently the only (I think I am the only anyway) owner of an HD595 upgrade cable from soloz audio. I worked with him on the design, so it does have the little 2+2 DIP connector on the headphone end of the cable, so it is a drop in replacement, no need to solder. It is certainly a worthwhile upgrade, not only for sound quality but for looks too, no more bent wire.

how about some nice pics?

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #458 of 980
Yeah some pics would be much appreciated.

Which cable did you get? The SPC or Cardas? How difficult was it to attach and if you did attach the Cardas cable, how did you enlarge the earcup hole.

thanks

Sep 20, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #459 of 980
Wow, this is getting more and more interesting by the time being! An upgraded cable replacement for the HD595's would be greatly appreciated.
Also if the connector could change from the big 1/4 plug to the small and dearly 1/8 connectors that MOST of the amps/mp3/cdplayers have would be just perfect. Also for the cable to be lesser than 3 meters would be neat.
Since i usually have the cable rolled and packed

Am i asking too much?

Sep 21, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #460 of 980
i m currently listening to my HD595, and it really was just so-so to me, but was bored and kind of played around with the EQ, and man!!! i love it now!!! its the first time that i really did appreciate this headphones.. i m running it from my laptop to my xin sm4..

for my eq, i followed someones advise to flaten the frequency response of the headphones, and i used headroom's graphs for some kind of reference.. hahaha!! and i know, that this is a lousy job.. anyone know of sites that gives a frequency response with more gradients.>??
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #461 of 980
So, what happened to that mod colonelKernel8 ?
Can you post some pics?

Sep 29, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #462 of 980
I've had my 595's for about a year and I absolutely love 'em.

I've been using M-Audio's Firewire Audiophile as the source, and been thinking that using an amp wouldn't do anything good for me, probably make things just worse? At least there's no lack of volume with the firewire audiophile, sometimes it bugs and I need to reset it, after that it throttles the headphone output to full volume and I need to quickly toss these headphones away from my ears if the music is still playing, it's just so loud that it feels like my eardrums would explode.

I bought the firewire audiophile since the iMac's own integrated soundcard just isn't enough for these headphones.

Oh, and it's capable to produce more power than the headphones can handle. That's a start on to realize how loud it can be at full output from the headphone jack.

Sep 29, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #463 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by reboad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and been thinking that using an amp wouldn't do anything good for me, probably make things just worse?

It is night and day difference. I couldn't understand why people say they can't notice the difference, or the benefit is abysmal. HD595 give a lot more juice with proper amplification.

Sep 29, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #464 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by outmatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is night and day difference. I couldn't understand why people say they can't notice the difference, or the benefit is abysmal. HD595 give a lot more juice with proper amplification.

Yea, but obviously the juice part isn't an issue. All the amp would do is to make the sound a bit different, like using an equalizer. And I fear that it would mess up the clarity in the sound which firewire audiophile is able to produce, if it isn't a really expensive one. So what would be the difference with an amp? more bass at lower volumes?
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back