Sennheiser HD580/HD600 replacement driver (parts lists/costs)
Oct 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #32 of 60

You just have to call them, they have both in stock. (just bought a new driver for my HD650)

Really? Well they needa work on updating that their site then haha. Says the HD600 drivers are outta stock and can't be added to the cart and there aren't any drivers listed for HD650. I'll have to give calling a shot then I guess. Maybe I'll do emailing first, kinda been a bit busy lately to sit around on the phone.

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #34 of 60

Really? Well they needa work on updating that their site then haha. Says the HD600 drivers are outta stock and can't be added to the cart and there aren't any drivers listed for HD650. I'll have to give calling a shot then I guess. Maybe I'll do emailing first, kinda been a bit busy lately to sit around on the phone.

Phone call took me 3 minutes was at my house in two days.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #37 of 60
Sorry, hadn't gotten around to sending them your question. Been a bit busy lately, seems like their email support would be faster than me though. I asked through support message whether those drivers were available and they said (I think, not looking at the message right now) something like $70 for HD600 drivers and $50 or $60 for HD650 drivers, not including shipping. Hope you work it out, let us know how it goes! I was just doing some research for a buddy who was considering buying a set with a dead side, though he didn't know if it was driver, connector, or cable problems.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #38 of 60
HUGE thanks to everyone here who spent the time and money discovering this mod. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD580's that I purchased way back when I first registered for this forum and after going through two cables, two sets of pads (multiple washings each), and now a cracked Y that holds the left assembly (repaired with Satellite City HotStuff)... I was moments away from spending way too much money on new headphones because I didn't think replacing the cracked band would be worth it since the drivers are so old and heavily used. I also didn't think HD 650 drivers would be affordable... oh how wrong I was!
On Monday I plan on ordering HD 650 drivers, HD 600 grilles, and a new headband pad (ear pads are fine). That should run me about $150 i'm guessing. The cracked piece is holding just fine with the super strong Hot Stuff CA glue, so I'll hold off on that for now. The key thing with this glue is it's super thin so you get the parts pressed perfectly together and using a hypodermic needle put a touch into the crack and it spreads the entire length of the break. That way nothing gets misaligned and is almost invisible.
Anyways... i'll report back when i receive the parts.  

edit:

Wow! I can't believe it's been 12 years since I registered on this forum! So yea... 12 year old HD 580's.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #40 of 60
  WHY are the 650 drivers more $$ than the 600's?????????  (supply & demand?)  Thanks

When I ordered my 650 drivers they were only a few $ more than what others reported paying for the HD600.  IIRC I paid around $115 total shipped to 94303.  $$ well spent, its one of my faves.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #41 of 60
This is why I was wondering why the 650's were more $$ than the 600 drivers.  Thanks

092855 HD 650 Driver - $50.25 each
091570 HD 600 Driver - $70.90 (only $58.45 with free shipping on sennheiser.com)
092815 HD 600 Grill - $27.80 each
Edited by Transformatron - 2/14/14 at 11:05pm

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #45 of 60
Does anyone know where to get a replacement part for one of the clips that hold the headband pads in place?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back