Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review
Jul 24, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #196 of 380
Does anybody have a recommendation for a shorter aftermarket cable that's not prohibitively expensive? The Oyaide HPC-HD25 seems promising, but I'm sure there are other options as well.

Also, what's the type of screws holding the cable in place? I can't recognize them.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #199 of 380
I was staying in a Hospital when i got them the last time. Didnt even listen to them during my stay. Sold them when i got out. Never gave them a good listen, my fault.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #200 of 380
Got them today. So far they sound great especially considering their size and portability. Treble can be a bit hot and sibliant on some tracks at higher volumes but due to their isolation a medium volume is sufficient.

By the way, in Europe these are priced the same as the regular HD25.

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #202 of 380
Well im not sure of this is brain burn in or headphone burn in but the treble is now not as sibliant as it used to be withhin the first hours. I get almost no sibliance actually. Very happy with the sound of these.

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #203 of 380
Can anyone please specify the differences between the hd25-1 ii, the amperior and the hd25 alu please? Soundwise of course.... :)

The amperior is the most confortable right?

I have a hd25 and i am about to het an amperior....

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #204 of 380
Detail
HD25 < Amperior <HD25Alu
Soundstage
HD25 = Amerior < HD25Alu

HD25Alu has the best bass extension out of all three. 
I found the HD25 to be warm sounding and the amperior cold. HD25Alu sits right in the middle.

That's all I remember so far. I remember the Amperior to be comfortable, HD25 not so.

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #205 of 380
wrong place... 
ph34r.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #206 of 380
Hi guise :wink: This is my first post on forum! I like this forum very much. Here are my wishes;

I decided to get myself first good pair of headphones. I am a bit basshead, but not too much. Mostly i like electronic music ( Techno, Trance, House, Dub, Psy, Ambient, Lounge...) where lows are almost as important as highgs :D In my country i cant test headphones without buying them, so im asking u, which version of HD 25 would u pick for my taste? I am reading very different opinions about bass at classic and aluminum versions.

Here are some tracks so u get idea of my main taste in music. Check them on youtube. Ofc i listen to others genres as: Reggae, Rap, Rock,... But this shouldnt be as important as electronic music

techno:
San Proper - Yestoday
Morane - The Trick (think dark) - Perlon 34

Ambient/Psy:
Solar Fields - Unite
Sync24 - Something something

Trance:
Vini Vici & Major7 - Back Underground
Ololiuqui - Valves

Instrumental:
danaga - fumeaza sub apa

In this moment i cant decide between HD25 1-ii and Aluminum version, ofc if there is better version let me know

Thanks and greetings from Slolvenia :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #207 of 380
Hi danilolesnik

I like Solar Fiels a lot, also like Major 7. I don't think you can go wrong with HD 25 Aluminum version. I prefer it over the standard version. IMO the Alu has more polished highs & Bass is bit tighter. for the sake of full disclosure, mine has an upgraded cable. I bought it that way, so I have never tried it with the stock cable. I don't know how much of the diff in sound is due to the cable.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #208 of 380
Thanks mate, i will probably go with AL version indeed :) And the case for phones is also included as far as i know.  Price is 190e in germany which is quite good. Cable shouldnt be a problem for me, anything will be good.

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #210 of 380
Btw, Are HD 6,7 or 8 rly over ear version of HD 25? because i have secound thoughts about on ear comfort
confused_face_2.gif
  i know on ear are smaller, more mobile, but with worse soundstage. I am also looking at Denon AH D600, but i cant try them before buying,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back