Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review
Dec 3, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #376 of 380
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/show-us-your-vintage-headphones.420490/page-164

This is a pair I bought from a member here on the forums. They were in perfect condition and look unused, but I disassembled them and washed everything but the drivers in a bucket of Simple Green. I tossed the pads and bought a set of Customcans white pads and recabled. Significant, easily noticeable improvement in sound over the stock plastic models I have.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #377 of 380
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/show-us-your-vintage-headphones.420490/page-164

This is a pair I bought from a member here on the forums. They were in perfect condition and look unused, but I disassembled them and washed everything but the drivers in a bucket of Simple Green. I tossed the pads and bought a set of Customcans white pads and recabled. Significant, easily noticeable improvement in sound over the stock plastic models I have.
Nice maintenance, what is also a possibility is to buy an Amperior and swap out the drivers to the 70ohm model. It would essentially be an Aluminium but then without the headband saying hd25 aluminium...

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #378 of 380
Yes, whatever aluminum HD 25 cups you can buy are worth buying if you get a fair price. You can even buy the yokes separately from Sennheiser if they're not in good shape.

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #379 of 380
Last year i bought 2 pairs of hd25, one standard and one alu (both s/h) - i modified both to bring them to the same spec (exactly) as the custom cans models and also had to buy new spiders for the alu as they were worn.

After several months use, i keep the hd25 (standard) as a spare and for going for walks and the alu pair for all other portable listening, imo it s the perfect portabl-ish closed headphone across all genres that i listen to (all vocal - jazz/blues/folk/gospel/country) and i use it far more than the meze 99 or oppo pm3 i also own. Out of the n3pro tube dap it is musical and enthralling - also matches well with mojo.

This is extremely subjective and i am sure others will have different opinions.

d

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #380 of 380
This is extremely subjective and i am sure others will have different opinions.

d
No, in this thread we agree with your opinion and consider it correct :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back