Sennheiser HD25-1 II and AKG K-240DF
Aug 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mc2song

New Head-Fier
I found that HD 25-1 II is very good closed headphone that I have ever used before.  Actually my previouse headset was also sennheiser which is px200.  Since I have used AKG K-240DF, I enter headfi.  But I can't find K-240DF anymore.  DO you guys have idea to find AKG K-240DF?

Sep 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I was looking on eBay the other day and there were a pair of K240DFs in reasonable condition, and a pair of K240 Sextetts in mint condition. The DFs went for £25 (not including shipping), and the Sextetts are currently at £37. If you lurk enough a pair of DFs should show up eventually, and you can probably snag them for a very reasonable price. If eBay fails, check the For Sale forums here on Head-Fi, which always offer fair prices.
Keep in mind that the DFs need a LOT of power to sound good, so a powerful (read: expensive) amp is needed. The least you'd probably be spending to get them to sound their best would be ~$270 on a Matrix M-Stage. Out of a headphone out they'll just sound very very average.

Also, welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.

Sep 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 3
I found a cheap but good CD-player to power my DF. Luckily the CD-player did not only power the DF, it also gave boring sound without the loss of details. Now I am on the lookout for a DAC to find out if a DAC really adds something. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back