Sennheiser HD238 vs Grado SR60i
Oct 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ljperez84

100+ Head-Fier

[size=10.0pt]Hello folks, [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Please let me introduce myself shortly. I’m from Mexico, Male, 26 yo. Industrial Engineer,[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Although I have been looking around for a while, today I decided to register so here I am.  [/size]

[size=10.0pt]About 4 years ago on a trip to Las Vegas. I purchased my PX100s. I loved them from the first minute. I've been thinking about doing an upgrade for a while now. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]A good friend of mine is on a bussines trip at the US right now, so I just decided that this is the chance to finally do the upgrade, since any decent pair of cans are too expensive here (eg. HD218[/size] are about $100 USD at Best buy)

[size=10.0pt]As a Sennheiser happy owner my first option are the HD238s ($61.49 on amazon), but since I started to take a look on these wonderful forums I’ve been putting some attention on the Grado SR60i ($79 on amazon). [/size]

[size=10.0pt]I´m a newbie on these fidelity stuff, but I can tell you I like my PX100 because IMO the bass is just fine (not too much) and the rest of the range has a sharp sound.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]I prefer better reproduction on the mid and hi ranges than too much bass. The main use of the headphones will be listening to music (arcade fire, u2, franz ferdinand, arctic monkeys... etc) on my laptop.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]So what do you think? Thanks in advance for your advice! [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Ps. Sorry if I am miss spelling something [/size]

May 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Grado sr60i has better built quality,sound quality(not too far though) and value for money
Sennheiser hd 238 has better comfort , isolation, bass
so the grado takes this one especially for the genres you stated(meaning grados have a very good reputation with those genres)
L3000.gif

Both are still very good choices either way 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back