Sennheiser HD 900... (?) Rumors
Aug 15, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #61 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by bordins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD888 is comming from Senn China.....
ksc75smile.gif

Yes,same place where all the parts for the HD800 come from.
And no doubt where the magnesium framed HD900 will come from.
Surely they would not produce a higher model with plastic.

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #62 of 100
Hey, does anyone know if the HE90 came before the HE60?

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #63 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who knows...
Perhaps both AKG and Sennheiser come up with a new top-end model for CES 2010?
smile.gif

The one that should really roll out a statement headphone is Beyerdynamic. The DT48 continues to delight and I think Beyer is capable of producing a headphone finer than anything they currently sell. If they released a high end headphone, I'd put my deposit down today.

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #64 of 100
If there's really some higher end model coming out after HD800, it will become another FOTM (I'm not saying it's not good) caused by all the new owners, and you'll start seeing everyone's criticizing/bashing the older HD800 just like what happened to HD650.

Aug 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #65 of 100
Looking at the newly released WES, KGSS and A-10. This would be the Sennheiser next Electrostatic Headphone. Their HE-60 and HE-90 are available only as second hand, if you manage to find one. I've been looking for Marantz SE-1S for quite some time but found no luck so far. For new puchase there are only the Stax, the Koss and the Jade to choose from (did I miss any?) so ...

How about Sennheiser HE-900?

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #66 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, does anyone know if the HE90 came before the HE60?

Yes, it did.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #67 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
horse's mouth:

i love buzz as much as the next guy, but the HD 800 is where its at. sorry to disappoint. there will be no "mini HD 800", etc etc etc (but that would be cool!!!)

Notice how he referred to no "mini HD 800", etc etc etc, but did not deny any possible models above it.
tongue_smile.gif

There are also the fact that most vendors do their best to deny the presence of a new model until they announce it themselves. To not harm the sale of their current models. It is a simple fact!

If no HD850, 900, 1000, ... then perhaps a HE100? It has been some years, and a HE60 and/or HE90 successor seems to be in demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one that should really roll out a statement headphone is Beyerdynamic. The DT48 continues to delight and I think Beyer is capable of producing a headphone finer than anything they currently sell. If they released a high end headphone, I'd put my deposit down today.

I have never heard the beyerdynamic DT48, but from what you guys have written it seems to be really nice. So a statement model from beyerdynamic would be nice.

I am personally waiting for a AKG K1000 successor though..

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #68 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by teNtiOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there's really some higher end model coming out after HD800, it will become another FOTM (I'm not saying it's not good) caused by all the new owners, and you'll start seeing everyone's criticizing/bashing the older HD800 just like what happened to HD650.

Its going to be interesting to hear them explain how there high end phone just became a low end high end one.

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #69 of 100
I love my HD600, but I haven't touched it since I got the Shr840. I mean, the sennheiser open back sound is just so different and is more like ( to me anyway )being surrounded by the best Bose speakers you can get. It is a very neutral mood setter. I dislike the sound. I prefer closed back and really wish Sennheiser would produce a closed back headphone designed for portable use, a nice 4-5ft cord, thick bass, excellent sound quality in over ears. Ugh, a cheater can dream can't he?

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #70 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my HD600, but I haven't touched it since I got the Shr840. I mean, the sennheiser open back sound is just so different and is more like ( to me anyway )being surrounded by the best Bose speakers you can get. It is a very neutral mood setter. I dislike the sound. I prefer closed back and really wish Sennheiser would produce a closed back headphone designed for portable use, a nice 4-5ft cord, thick bass, excellent sound quality in over ears. Ugh, a cheater can dream can't he?

Sennheiser USA - noise cancelling Headphones, PXC 450, travel - Private Audio

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #71 of 100
Aug 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #74 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by teNtiOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not in my opinion - I have bashed the hd650 in favor of the hd600 all along, and why the intense clamor for something better than the hd650 long in advance of the hd800 release.

Now, it is the desire for a stat better than the he60, but not as pricey as the he90, yet better than both.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #75 of 100
I somehow doubt they'll release anything in the next few years, and even then it would likely be a lower priced model.

As for AKG, maybe they will come out with the rumoured K701 successor. After all, they've revamped pretty much their entire line, so if we see anything soon it'll have to be new
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back