Sennheiser HD 900... (?) Rumors
Aug 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #46 of 100
HD888 is comming from Senn China.....
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #47 of 100
Their sales are so good with the HD650 price range, I can't believe that they wouldn't want to do something new and better to pump up sales. But they've got to wait a little while so that it won't pull away from the HD800 sales.

I'm really not too excited about AKG's next flagship. In the last 25 years, they have stopped experimenting with radical, different headphone designs like the dual drivers, the electrostat/dynamic hybrids, the passive radiators, earspeakers, (when did K1000 come out?) etc. And then for their flagship, they've done nothing more than go from the K400 to the K701, and I prefer the K400. Even if you like the K701 more though, you've got to admit they are practically the same headphone. Really, the K701 should just be called the K408 or something
wink.gif
Not very exciting for 25 years...

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #48 of 100
Who knows...
Perhaps both AKG and Sennheiser come up with a new top-end model for CES 2010?
smile.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #49 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their sales are so good with the HD650 price range, I can't believe that they wouldn't want to do something new and better to pump up sales. But they've got to wait a little while so that it won't pull away from the HD800 sales.

But there is a huge price gap between HD650 and HD800, they have to come up something soon or later. It is real, it is the marketing!

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #50 of 100
horse's mouth:

i love buzz as much as the next guy, but the HD 800 is where its at. sorry to disappoint. there will be no "mini HD 800", etc etc etc (but that would be cool!!!)

normally we would like to let everyone run with these rumors but i hate to see trepedation over a purchase today for a product that actually doesn't exist tomorrow.

let me know if you have any questions:
epalonen@sennheiserusa.com

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #51 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
horse's mouth:

i love buzz as much as the next guy, but the HD 800 is where its at. sorry to disappoint. there will be no "mini HD 800", etc etc etc (but that would be cool!!!)

normally we would like to let everyone run with these rumors but i hate to see trepedation over a purchase today for a product that actually doesn't exist tomorrow.

let me know if you have any questions:
epalonen@sennheiserusa.com

Well you can all go home now, nothing to see here
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the clarification.

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #52 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you imagine what happens to Senn's reputation if they come out with a better version of the HD800 within a few months or ever a couple years? It's the same reason why AKG has not come out with a new top of the line headphone, the same reason that HD650 reigned supreme in Senn's line for so many years.

Agree. They would definetely lose a lot of cred by doing this.

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #55 of 100
I took away from the larger comment, that the HD 800 is the smallest/lowest model number, and there will be larger/higher model numbers in the HD series. (i.e. HD 900, 950, 1100 etc.)

Happy listening!

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #56 of 100
I read part of an interview with Dr Sennheiser in some hifi mag while passing through an airport, can't remember where or when, where Dr Sennheiser said something to the effect that other headphone models were possible both below and above the HD800 for the future. Could be the source of such rumors. It seemed like nothing more than an acknowledgement that product development doesn't just stop when you have a really good product. Believe it or not, there will be new great headphones from Sennheiser some day!

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #57 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IIRC, there were posts in the past talking about a portable, down-sized version of the HD 800 to come.

This still makes since if you think about it. There are only 5 official dealers for the HD800 in the US. (This is from my Sennheiser rep, who was a bit pissed about that for a number of reasons. He was astounded they thought they could sell those things when most people would have to buy them sight unseen. Much less be able to listen to them.) At some point, they are going to want a return on their investment on the R&D they spent on the 800, and that means a lower priced set of phones with the same technology, that they can sell a lot of. And that will be available everywhere.
I would not be surprised to see a set of phones in the >$1k range. Given how much the economy sucks right now, I would be surprised if it happens this year.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #58 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
horse's mouth:

Famous last words! I would be surprised though if Sennheiser did release another head phone so soon after the 800 that a) is a higher model number than what was highly touted as their new flagship model, or b) a lower priced model that would cut into sales of the 800.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #59 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't there also a rumour that AKG is brewing something for next CES ?

Beside what's exactly wrong with HD800 that they need even a higher end dynamic model. Is it not crafted for perfection
smily_headphones1.gif
?

It might sound perfect to some, but crafted to perfection? No.

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #60 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might sound perfect to some, but crafted to perfection? No.

you would rather it sound worse, and look awesome I take it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back