Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Jan 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,006 of 3,545

Quote:
Okay, so American people robbed, heading toward global currency, corporations "extracting" money from people. Got it. Are there any lizard people involved? Perhaps a shadow government controlled by a secret society?

You know it to be true.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,007 of 3,545

Quote:
So I have a question for those who have also heard the HD700 and T1.  Despite having only a 40mm driver and not some 'Tesla' driver (poor Nickolai), would anyone consider the 700 on par w/ the T1 performance wise or perhaps even prefer the 700 over the T1?  Just a random thought/question.

I don't think many on the review program have heard the T1. As you know, LFF and I have heard both and you know our thoughts.

On capitalism: It only work well when people have guns. Guns are the great equalizer that allow the common man to more easily seek redress for wrongs committed against him by individuals, faceless corporations, or governments who go too far. (I'm not a gun-nut BTW, but I appreciate marksmanship and the mechanical engineering that goes into them.) 

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #1,008 of 3,545

Quote:
I don't think many on the review program have heard the T1. As you know, LFF and I have heard both and you know our thoughts...

It was like you were steering us back on-topic, and then...

BAM! (no pun intended)

...On capitalism: It only work well when people have guns. Guns are the great equalizer that allow the common man to more easily seek redress for wrongs committed against him by individuals, faceless corporations, or governments who go too far. (I'm not a gun-nut BTW, but I appreciate marksmanship and the mechanical engineering that goes into them.) 

Okay, back on topic, y'all.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #1,009 of 3,545

Quote:

Okay, back on topic, y'all.

I'll start - The HD 700 is a great sounding headphone, and in my opinion is competitive with the LCD-2 and HE-500 (but different!). I can't wait for others to have the chance to hear them. Some will agree with me, some will disagree. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #1,010 of 3,545
I seriously doubt sennheiser would impair their own high end products just to prop up the HD800. I seem to remember reading somewhere that as a percentage of the total market headphones that cost over $100 only make up ~3-4%. I don't know any exact numbers for sennheiser, but I'm willing to bet the HD800 and HD700 are not going to be their cash cows. I would imagine sennheiser are just trying to make the best headphone they can for $1000.

Maybe I'm just being naive though. Who knows, or cares, as long as they sound good.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #1,011 of 3,545
Interesting, so it's more in line with the LCD2s?

What about the weight of them, are they as heavy as the LCD2s? Saving up for my next big headphone, have about 4 months of saving. Was gearing towards the LCD2s, against better judgment. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the HD-700 reviews, and see what people are saying. 

Although with all the praise the 650s get, I'm kind of wondering if I made the wrong decision getting the Grado PS500s for $599. 
Quote:

I'll start - The HD 700 is a great sounding headphone, and in my opinion is competitive with the LCD-2 and HE-500 (but different!). I can't wait for others to have the chance to hear them. Some will agree with me, some will disagree. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #1,012 of 3,545

Quote:

What about the weight of them, are they as heavy as the LCD2s? Saving up for my next big headphone, have about 4 months of saving. Was gearing towards the LCD2s, against better judgment. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the HD-700 reviews, and see what people are saying. 

They're 273 grams, just under half the 550 g of the LCD-2. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,013 of 3,545

Quote:
I'll start - The HD 700 is a great sounding headphone, and in my opinion is competitive with the LCD-2 and HE-500 (but different!). I can't wait for others to have the chance to hear them. 

My body is ready.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #1,016 of 3,545

Quote:

Although with all the praise the 650s get, I'm kind of wondering if I made the wrong decision getting the Grado PS500s for $599. 

I think it is line with them, as far as being roughly on the same level overall, but the sound is way different. They are exceedingly comfortable. 

Quote:

My body is ready.

I'd send you this prototype if I could. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #1,017 of 3,545

Quote:

Yup, lots of good choices in this range now and I'm sure folks will find something that would suite their tastes among the LCD2, HE-500, and HD700. They are all quite different from each other with their individual strengths and weaknesses. What these have in common is better speed, clarity, and detail extraction compared to models of the past. I may take the time to do a measurement comparison of all three, although we will have to wait for the HD700 measurements.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #1,018 of 3,545
I think it is line with them, as far as being roughly on the same level overall, but the sound is way different. They are exceedingly comfortable. 

Aren't there some who claim the LCD2 is better than the HD800, and therefore they would probably say they're way superior to the HD700?
 ​
Or do these people just refer to the sound signature that they like rather than the actual technical sound quality?

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,019 of 3,545
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #1,020 of 3,545
Well, according to Sennhesier, I should have mine (hopefully) in March if everything goes according to plan. Can't wait to hear how it sounds vs. the HE-500, LCD-2 Rev.2, HD800, HD650, and HE-6. I'll do a full comparison against all of the top tiers except the T1's, I don't know If ALO has any of those left for me to audition against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back