Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Feb 6, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #1,533 of 3,545
I'd be a little disturbed at least.

ANYWAY the HD6x0 have more or less oval earcups which fit HUMAN ears. The HD800 have amazingly well designed earcups that don't even TOUCH your ears at all. I'd imagine the HD700 is similar.

The point I made a while back is just this: Don't say "Beyerdynamic is functional and industrial!" when it's not. Round earcups is a stupid design IMO unless it can be guaranteed that your ears fit entirely inside the cups. The HD800 for example is kind of like a big "D", but the key is it's big enough that is will never even so much as touch your ear.

I can only imagine the reason people tolerate Beyers is because most people must have small head/ears.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #1,534 of 3,545

Quote:
@muppetface

im a little surprised you went to find *elf ears* ... Should i be disturbed someone went through all the work to make their ears like that? *hopefully temporarily*.

That was posted on head-fi a while back, so it reminded me of it. It's a permanent modification.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Body-Mod-Elf-Ears/

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #1,536 of 3,545
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #1,537 of 3,545

Quote:
I'd be a little disturbed at least.

ANYWAY the HD6x0 have more or less oval earcups which fit HUMAN ears. The HD800 have amazingly well designed earcups that don't even TOUCH your ears at all. I'd imagine the HD700 is similar.

The point I made a while back is just this: Don't say "Beyerdynamic is functional and industrial!" when it's not. Round earcups is a stupid design IMO unless it can be guaranteed that your ears fit entirely inside the cups. The HD800 for example is kind of like a big "D", but the key is it's big enough that is will never even so much as touch your ear.

I can only imagine the reason people tolerate Beyers is because most people must have small head/ears.

well, yeah, because the headphone is busy trying to absorb your whole face 
biggrin.gif
  don't get me wrong, i love the sound of my 800 but they feel like they are trying to eat my head.  what other headphone out there touches both your cheek and the back of your head at the same time?

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,538 of 3,545
I agree, used to have some Beyers, they were horribly uncomfortable because my ears were too big.  The 800, 280 fit my ears, but not the Beyers.

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #1,539 of 3,545
What is this?  Vogue or Head-Fi?
tongue_smile.gif
  I understand wanting a headphone to look somewhat nice, but c'mon we're not going to wear them on a runway.  To me, as long as the sound is beautiful, the headphone can look as subjectively ugly as it wants.
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #1,540 of 3,545

Originally Posted by ac500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beyers look like garbage IMO.

Seems everything is garbage in your opinion, except what you happen to like.

Quote:
I'm probably biased though

Think so? You could be right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Or average sized head/ears, which is probably what they design around. Maybe your ears are too big.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,543 of 3,545

Quote:

I think that is totally hot, but I tend to date alot of alternative type girls anyway. I've seen it before too. I would do it if I was a girl. If I wanted to deal with the horrid healing time, I would get my tongue split. Just so this is not off topic, I'm not sure I care for the styling of the HD700 (and HD800). A little too sterile and machine looking, needs some more sexy curves or maybe some wood.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,544 of 3,545
With the looks of the product in mind. Sennheisers main objective was probably just to create that *spacial alienishy look* .

how big of a fan am i with the HD700's look vs the HD800's... id prefer the HD800

Its always "could be" nice to have that pair of headphones that a friend would randomly see because it looks *atrocious* and it would seek their attention towards it. Hell they'd ask if they could try them and be like *k im being an audiophile now.*

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #1,545 of 3,545

Users who are viewing this thread

Back