Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #6,391 of 9,301
The E-12 Mont Blanc as enough power for just about any headphone one review said it had the power of Zues and that is not far off. I sold it after getting the QP1R so I didn't listen to the 700's on it. It will get you by for now but the 700's should have something better to get the most out of them imho. I'm still looking for a amp that pairs well with them and my Ether-C's. I have found two I'm thinking about but need to find funds for them they sound good with the Ether-C's so I'm sure they will complement the 700's also.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #6,392 of 9,301
The E-12 Mont Blanc as enough power for just about any headphone one review said it had the power of Zues and that is not far off. I sold it after getting the QP1R so I didn't listen to the 700's on it. It will get you by for now but the 700's should have something better to get the most out of them imho. I'm still looking for a amp that pairs well with them and my Ether-C's. I have found two I'm thinking about but need to find funds for them they sound good with the Ether-C's so I'm sure they will complement the 700's also.

That is the key IMHO
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #6,393 of 9,301
So true.

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #6,394 of 9,301
I already have the larger connector. But I think the barrel hits the side of the HD700 frame. I can't seem to make a solid connection. The left channel falls out from time to time. I will try the smaller connector. Thanks.

We have HD700 connectors which will fit up to 8 wires per side and won't hit the frame.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 3, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #6,395 of 9,301
We have HD700 connectors which will fit up to 8 wires per side and won't hit the frame.

Your picture here is gold but your site has black barrels. Is this correct? I don't care about the color really just want to make sur I am getting the right thing. What is the part number?

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #6,396 of 9,301
Your picture here is gold but your site has black barrels. Is this correct? I don't care about the color really just want to make sur I am getting the right thing. What is the part number?

The barrel is black, however we add logo heatshrinks over the connectors for strain relief. To order the connectors, look for the 2.5mm mono connectors. They will also work with HiFiMan, Oppo, and Audioquest headphones.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 8, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #6,399 of 9,301
@migasson
, that's a interesting amp, do you have to change tubes often?  Does it get hot?

It's a great amp. This was flavour of the month here about ten years ago. I've had a WA22 with LCD-2's - this is the best sound I've heard since then. This only cost me $600 AUD new, the Australian distributor's last one. Back on the old threads of this, people were freaking out over the hum. It doesn't bother me, because let's face it, I can only hear it when it's between tracks. Tube rolling? No real need. May get to it next year.

Does it get warm? Being a tube amp, yes. I'll probably get 3000-5000 hours out of these, so no, don't have to retube it that often, and it's not a hassle either- let's ignore for a sec the NOS tubes, I can pop down to my local guitar shop and get tubes for this- these are commonly used in guitar amps.

I've turned over a lot of gear, but this is a great sounding amp, at an awesome price.

Again, bye for now HeadFi. I'm off to buy music:)

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #6,400 of 9,301
It's a great amp. This was flavour of the month here about ten years ago. I've had a WA22 with LCD-2's - this is the best sound I've heard since then. This only cost me $600 AUD new, the Australian distributor's last one. Back on the old threads of this, people were freaking out over the hum. It doesn't bother me, because let's face it, I can only hear it when it's between tracks. Tube rolling? No real need. May get to it next year.

Does it get warm? Being a tube amp, yes. I'll probably get 3000-5000 hours out of these, so no, don't have to retube it that often, and it's not a hassle either- let's ignore for a sec the NOS tubes, I can pop down to my local guitar shop and get tubes for this- these are commonly used in guitar amps.

I've turned over a lot of gear, but this is a great sounding amp, at an awesome price.

Again, bye for now HeadFi. I'm off to buy music:)

Thanks for the enlightenment, seen one for sale and was curious about it due to the looks.

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #6,403 of 9,301
The Glass is one of my favs I have heard other than the prototype Liquid Tungsten. Just cost too much for me right now.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #6,404 of 9,301
  Just ordered a set off Amazon.  Should be here tomorrow.  REALLY looking forward to giving these a go.  Most expensive cans I've ever owned.  Hope I'm blown away.  :)  

Hope u enjoy them just as much as i do :)) How do you find them so far? Mine stays connected 24/7 since they're extremely comfortable especially when i'm gaming in comparison to my Grados.

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #6,405 of 9,301
  Hope u enjoy them just as much as i do :)) How do you find them so far? Mine stays connected 24/7 since they're extremely comfortable especially when i'm gaming in comparison to my Grados.

My initial impressions are extremely positive.  Incredible soundstage, very accurate and detailed, and I've never heard voice clarity so rich and clear.  I had them plugged in to my Pioneer Elite receiver the other day listening to Leona Lewis' rendition of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" and I swear I was in the sound studio with her; I was blown away. I could almost feel her breath whispering into my ears.  Really love them, but to be honest I haven't been able to give them that much time.  I went through three stereo adapters to use them with my portable FIIO amp and all three adapters that I ordered were either faulty or they just didn't provide a secure enough connection from the headphones to the adapter. (they were cheap adapters and I should've known better) Long story short, I finally found that Sennheisser had an 6.3 to 3.5mm adapter and immediately bought it and it arrived yesterday.  Thankfully it's well made and the connection is secure and tight so I'll finally be able give them some much needed love and time this weekend but so far so gooooooooooood! 

As for comfort... you could sleep in these things.  I've heard folks say you forget you're wearing cans and that is certainly true.  Incredibly comfortable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back