Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #4,471 of 9,298

Haha initially that was what i read. 

Went back to read post and I would have the same thoughts as you, lol.  Should have put my son's girlfriend is 22 to clear up statement
biggrin.gif

To clear thing up, my GF and me.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #4,472 of 9,298
Went back to read post and I would have the same thoughts as you, lol.  Should have put my son's girlfriend is 22 to clear up statement :D

To clear thing up, my GF and me.

Wait, the woman in the photo is 42? Are you sure that's not the 22 year old?

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #4,473 of 9,298
[COLOR=000000]+1 here[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Thing to keep in mind is that the 700s do diverge from what most are accustomed to when listening to headphones, as the sound stage is very linear and more proportionately correct than most, more akin like listening near field to a pair of “high end” monitors, not as analytical/clinical as the HD800s, which IMHO is a good thing as it helps maintain that illusion.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]The HD800s with their slightly greater expansive sound field does not gel with the amount of detail they portray as the distance of the instrumentation, performers is never that clearly defined in real life and IMO therefore, maybe fun but unnatural and in the long-run psycho-acoustically distracting from overall musical enjoyment.[/COLOR]

Excellent point, I never thought about it like that before.

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #4,477 of 9,298
Dang, where you guys finding them? haha

Anyway, finally got my favorite albums in physical. While it was nice listening to a bunch of other music, it's really weird listening to songs I know really well and start hearing things in the background I never noticed before. As I started switching back to my AD700 to compare I really feel like those are more comfortable, hate the creaking it has though. Even with the plastic on the HD 700 it feels a lot more sturdy.

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #4,478 of 9,298
How will these sound with a Creative X7 amp.  I am debating between buying these @ $480 on massdrop, or the AKG K7XX @ $200 on massdrop.  I mainly would be using them for gaming, and listening to EDM/Hip-Hop/Alternative/Jazz in that order.  I tested a pair of my friends Q701's last week and enjoyed them a lot, it was the first pair of high end cans that I ever used and tested with my X7.  I am heavily tempted by the HD 700's though because of what I've read about their comfort and how much of a steal they are at that price.  Don't know if I will like them more then the AKGK7XX though.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #4,479 of 9,298
Thanks for answering my HD700 questions, people of the internets.

I ended up getting the X2 deal from Amazon for $229. I'm a cheap person, so the 700 will have to wait for a while. I'll probably keep checking Sennheiser for returns like they had last Black Friday(?). Still very interested in them.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #4,480 of 9,298
  Thanks for answering my HD700 questions, people of the internets.

I ended up getting the X2 deal from Amazon for $229. I'm a cheap person, so the 700 will have to wait for a while. I'll probably keep checking Sennheiser for returns like they had last Black Friday(?). Still very interested in them.

Should have went with the HD700 man for gaming.  You want that soundstage, and HD700 has the best soundstage the only headphone that is better is the HD800 which is $1500, triple the price.  

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #4,481 of 9,298
  How will these sound with a Creative X7 amp.  I am debating between buying these @ $480 on massdrop, or the AKG K7XX @ $200 on massdrop.  I mainly would be using them for gaming, and listening to EDM/Hip-Hop/Alternative/Jazz in that order.  I tested a pair of my friends Q701's last week and enjoyed them a lot, it was the first pair of high end cans that I ever used and tested with my X7.  I am heavily tempted by the HD 700's though because of what I've read about their comfort and how much of a steal they are at that price.  Don't know if I will like them more then the AKGK7XX though.

though i am pretty sure hd700 will be a step up over k7xx, (have only heard q701), i would suggest going for k7xx if this is your first quality hp. 

go for for hd700 if you are interested in trying out few amps before you settle down. hd700 may or may not sound great out of your sound card. 

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #4,482 of 9,298
though i am pretty sure hd700 will be a step up over k7xx, (have only heard q701), i would suggest going for k7xx if this is your first quality hp. 

go for for hd700 if you are interested in trying out few amps before you settle down. hd700 may or may not sound great out of your sound card. 

Why? You do realize they sound almost nothing like the Q701, right? From what I gather you've never even heard the K7XX.

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #4,484 of 9,298
I have not heard k7xx. I thought it was obvious from my comment.

Hd700 is technically quiet a step up over mid fi hps.

Again, how do you know? You've never heard the HP. FWIW, no offence to anyone in the thread, the K7XX is so much smoother, less fatiguing, less peaky, just as detailed if not more so, that your claim comes across as wishful thinking.

K7xx is a mid fi can as far as i can tell. I have only heard akg q701.

Mid-fi based on what, its price? Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

BTW, it's against forum rules to discuss gear you've never heard. Please stop.

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #4,485 of 9,298
Again, how do you know? You've never heard the HP. FWIW, no offence to anyone in the thread, the K7XX is so much smoother, less fatiguing, less peaky, just as detailed if not more so, that your claim comes across as wishful thinking.
Mid-fi based on what, its price? Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

BTW, it's against forum rules to discuss gear you've never heard. Please stop.

No one in reviews say k7xx is a technical jump over other k701 variants. Its merely a different tonal balance.

Smoother treble or higher bass does not mean a more transparent hp, one that takes you closer to music.

Do you think k7xx takes listener closer to music over q701?

If not then hd700 is a step up cause it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back