Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #4,218 of 9,298
I shouldn't but I want to try balanced for my HD700. Can someone post a link to a budget cable please? Ideally I prefer a 2.5mm jack. Thanks.

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #4,219 of 9,298
I shouldn't but I want to try balanced for my HD700. Can someone post a link to a budget cable please? Ideally I prefer a 2.5mm jack. Thanks.

Ted from headphonelounge.com is the best around here. I got mine for $110, I think. Copper Litz might go great with HD700.

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #4,220 of 9,298
Ted from headphonelounge.com is the best around here. I got mine for $110, I think. Copper Litz might go great with HD700.

Copper litz does sound good, that's what my Cardas is. I don't think there's such a thing as a 2.5 mm balanced jack though.

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #4,225 of 9,298
Copper litz does sound good, that's what my Cardas is. I don't think there's such a thing as a 2.5 mm balanced jack though.

2.5 mm TRRS is what AK uses for its balanced connection.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #4,227 of 9,298

HD800 for 350$?? What?!

yeah. I was really suspicious of the seller having two account; one for selling, one for buying when he thinks he didn't reach enough reserve met for him.
I actually bidded on $899 as high bidder; only to found out that seller cancelled all of my (and other high bidders) and managed to chose someone who bidded $350.. which doesn't make sense. at all. Why would you even sell a HD800 for $350...

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #4,228 of 9,298
    OK. So, I have used the HD700s on video games (namely, The Witcher 3), and I have to say I am totally amazed beyond what I was amazed when I first listened to some music with these. 

Played that with the HD 800, and when you are wandering around in the early quests when it is very windy (the thunderstorm brewing in the background), it was incredibly immersive. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #4,229 of 9,298

Personalized my HD700s with a minor cosmetic mod by removing the silver paint, which I never did like, on the inner ring.

Makes them a little darker..but not for those who find them a little bright... sound wise.....
tongue.gif

Oddly Sennheiser replaced the silver rings back in March 2014 after marring them when they replaced the drivers..but the paint has recently started slightly coming off the new ones..guess it was just meant to be.

............................................. Now wondering if I’m being a bit anal, I do not think I am, as the phones were sent in as new and returned with the outer baffle rings marred from the driver installation.

After thinking about it a bit more I’ve sent the same pics and comments off to Sennheiser and requested either a new pair of HD700s or at least to have them order new replacement cups, although I'm not sure these are as user friendly as the HD600 series in terms of repair.

I know it’s just cosmetic and the phones sound great but all the same????

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #4,230 of 9,298

Personalized my HD700s with a minor cosmetic mod by removing the silver paint, which I never did like, on the inner ring.

Makes them a little darker..but not for those who find them a little bright... sound wise.....
tongue.gif

Oddly Sennheiser replaced the silver rings back in March 2014 after marring them when they replaced the drivers..but the paint has recently started slightly coming off the new ones..guess it was just meant to be.

Looks very nice. Hard to believe how much different they look with just that little mod.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back