Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #4,204 of 9,298
  Thats what we do here on head-fi...for Sennheiser, we suggest buying Crack.

It's not the greatest for the HD700 specifically, but Macmuffin mentioned a budget of $400 max, so that's what I suggested.

And plus, DIY is always lots of fun.

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #4,209 of 9,298
replacement mesh comes somewhere near 2 weeks... well, Im not even sure if that mesh will keep the same soundstage.
bigger problem is, I have no idea how to take those meshes off on HD700 (the steel-looking plasticy mesh).
anyone know how to take those metal meshes off?
(my last option might be just cutting out the meshes entirely and solder the new ones in.)

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #4,210 of 9,298
  replacement mesh comes somewhere near 2 weeks... well, Im not even sure if that mesh will keep the same soundstage.
bigger problem is, I have no idea how to take those meshes off on HD700 (the steel-looking plasticy mesh).
(my last option might be just cutting out the meshes entirely and solder the new ones in.)

The person you want to talk to is @cCasper TFG, he painted his HD-700 a few weeks back and it looks great.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #4,211 of 9,298

What happened to the original? Did you order those from Senn, or was it sent as warranty type thing?

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #4,212 of 9,298

Yeah, don't do that man. The baffle and mesh parts are one piece. If they sell you the mesh, you're going to receive a whole new baffle from them since it is all connected. The drivers pop out of the baffle in a weird way, they have the inputs connected straight to the driver housing. It's one piece. Do yourself a favor and order new mesh and baffles from senn.

What are you doing anyway? What is the issue with your pair now?

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #4,213 of 9,298
Just got a pair of these...I am speechless. Amazing is too weak of a word to describe them. They're airy, have a wide soundstage, produce nice bass (they're dynamic...so of course they do), they offer rich vocals, and are easy to drive. They are near absolute perfection...wish I would have went with these first. Will post a review in a day or two...I'm excited to see what else these can do.

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #4,214 of 9,298
Just got a pair of these...I am speechless. Amazing is too weak of a word to describe them. They're airy, have a wide soundstage, produce nice bass (they're dynamic...so of course they do), they offer rich vocals, and are easy to drive. They are near absolute perfection...wish I would have went with these first. Will post a review in a day or two...I'm excited to see what else these can do.

Glad you like them, they are severely underrated but truly among the best.

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #4,215 of 9,298
I can't really tell because im just used to my 700.
How much would those mesh and baffles cost? Im sure i can take most part of the parts off including drivers...

The issue is that it sounds like a semi-closed back.. not much as I screwed up on those paint job (yeah. Good job spraying the mesh... Sigh) and sounded like a closed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back