Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #2,926 of 9,329
I got mine from Amazon US and paid $395aud delivered. You just need to remember that the HD700s arent necessarily $200 better in sound. If you can audition them i would do that first. Due to the mixed reviews about them. Also im not sure how the E7 will do driving them. If you can spend $400 on headphones you could put some more money into a better amp/dac down the track. I see they are $600 at addicted to audio, in reality.. to skip all the nonsense. Just save up and buy the hd800 :p then you wont have to go through buying and selling :wink:

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2,927 of 9,329
I got mine from Amazon US and paid $395aud delivered. You just need to remember that the HD700s arent necessarily $200 better in sound. If you can audition them i would do that first. Due to the mixed reviews about them. Also im not sure how the E7 will do driving them. If you can spend $400 on headphones you could put some more money into a better amp/dac down the track. I see they are $600 at addicted to audio, in reality.. to skip all the nonsense. Just save up and buy the hd800 :p then you wont have to go through buying and selling
wink.gif

Of course not, I'm not expecting them to be, say, 50% better than the X2 (which I tried my mate's, I liked). Law of diminishing returns, of course: I'll be even surprised if they are, compared to the X2, subjectively 10% better. Problem is, although I'd love to audition them somewhere, I don't know any places that have it (Len Wallis is the closest one to mind, and they didn't have any stock last time), and I've had quite a lookaround already. My only hope really is to buy them, test them, and if I hate them, return it.

Also, I plan on actually plan on buying an amp/DAC, like the O2/ODAC combo which quite a few have said gave a pretty good result. My brother actually has a Schiit Valhalla, and I'll be itching to try, if I do get it, the HD700's on it.

The reason I don't want the HD800's is that, while they're extraordinarily beautiful, they ruin everything else I hear. It sounds a bit strange, but I'd rather do this in increments than jumps. Sure, I could get them now, and it won't really wreck my bank, but do I really need that high-end? For now, nope.

BTW, does anyone know how long AddictedToAudio has had the HD700's for $600 for now?

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #2,928 of 9,329
Get the HD700 and a Fiio E12A asit has all the bass boost you need when you wan to and call it a day. On top you might want to look for a shorter cable with 3.5 mm plug.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #2,934 of 9,329
  Electronically modulated voice with boosted high frequency energy, yep…pretty sure what was intended…fun stuff though…sibilance?? hard to tell.

Yes. Imagine listening stuff like this for hours with HD700. Listening fatigue comes fast. Probably same for any bright headphone.

www.last.fm/user/LancerFIN/charts?subtype=tracks

Not saying HD700 is totally bad but with music I mostly listen to it doesn't shine. Been happy with LCD-2's softer treble.

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #2,935 of 9,329

Yes. Imagine listening stuff like this for hours with HD700. Listening fatigue comes fast. Probably same for any bright headphone.

www.last.fm/user/LancerFIN/charts?subtype=tracks

Not saying HD700 is totally bad but with music I mostly listen to it doesn't shine. Been happy with LCD-2's softer treble.

So why do you still have the HD700 if you hate it so much? Just sell it or return it. 

I don't understand why you're here claiming the headphone sucks so much and use your satanic synth "music" as your reason why it sucks. HD700 brings out the best and worst in the tracks you listen to. If you listen to disgusting satanic music with piercing high frequency noise all throughout the track, of course it's going to hurt your ears and brain, especially with a headphone known to have treble peaks. You're torturing yourself and blaming it on the headphones. Makes sense...

P.S. You're now the 2nd person who's come in here to bash the HD700 while using the NFB-15 as your DAC/amp. Maybe NFB-15 just doesn't pair well with HD700.

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2,936 of 9,329
So why do you still have the HD700 if you hate it so much? Just sell it or return it. 

I don't understand why you're here claiming the headphone sucks so much and use your satanic synth "music" as your reason why it sucks. HD700 brings out the best and worst in the tracks you listen to. If you listen to disgusting satanic music with piercing high frequency noise all throughout the track, of course it's going to hurt your ears and brain, especially with a headphone known to have treble peaks. You're torturing yourself and blaming it on the headphones. Makes sense...

P.S. You're now the 2nd person who's come in here to bash the HD700 while using the NFB-15 as your DAC/amp. Maybe NFB-15 just doesn't pair well with HD700.

Lol your bashing on someones choice of music.. being a bigot is a disgusting trait. Leave the music out of the topic, i listen to alot of metal and it in no way is Satanic. So please keep that nonsense to yourself. Other then that. The headphone probably doesnt suit his music tastes.. maybe he should look into a warmer sounding headphone

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #2,937 of 9,329

This isn't HD700 praising thread. Why wouldn't discussing weak points be allowed?

Of course it's the headphones fault if it's not jack of all trades. There are plenty of headphones that work with everything you throw at it. HD700 isn't one of them.

NFB-15 and HD700 pairing is interesting. I think someone said NFB-15 being somewhat sibilant and having harsh treble. Got new amp coming so it'll be interesting to see how it will work. But it's another SS.

HD700 is up for sale but so far only gotten low ball offers and trades.

edit: It's also equally my fault for thinking headphone with frequency response like this would work with music I listen to. I was thinking it's all "golden ears" nitpicking.

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,938 of 9,329
There is nothing wrong with the NFB-15, and it pairs beautifully well with the HD700.  If anything it will err on the warm / rich / full side of things - and the last thing it will be is sibilant or harsh.  If you're getting that in your music, it is a combination of the recordings you listen to, your own preferences (ie perhaps treble sensitive), and the HD700 peaks in the lower treble.

When I had my HD700, I loved it paired with my NFB-12.

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #2,939 of 9,329

This isn't HD700 praising thread. Why wouldn't discussing weak points be allowed?

Of course it's the headphones fault if it's not jack of all trades. There are plenty of headphones that work with everything you throw at it. HD700 isn't one of them.

NFB-15 and HD700 pairing is interesting. I think someone said NFB-15 being somewhat sibilant and having harsh treble. Got new amp coming so it'll be interesting to see how it will work. But it's another SS.

HD700 is up for sale but so far only gotten low ball offers and trades.

Nobody said it's a HD700 praising thread. It's an impressions thread. You already gave your bad impressions of the HD700 5 days ago and are here to complain about the same thing again. We get it, you hate the headphones with your garbage "music." You should keep repeating yourself every 5 days to remind us of that opinion of yours.

ROFL @ it's the headphone's fault for not being a jack of all trades. I should ignore you from now on just for making that ridiculous statement. Oh, and name a headphone which YOU claim can "work with everything you throw at it" and I bet there are people out there who will disagree with you. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #2,940 of 9,329
  Nobody said it's a HD700 praising thread. It's an impressions thread. You already gave your bad impressions of the HD700 5 days ago and are here to complain about the same thing again. We get it, you hate the headphones with your garbage "music." You should keep repeating yourself every 5 days to remind us of that opinion of yours.

ROFL @ it's the headphone's fault for not being a jack of all trades. I should ignore you from now on just for making that ridiculous statement. Oh, and name a headphone which YOU claim can "work with everything you throw at it" and I bet there are people out there who will disagree with you. 

I was shuffling through my library and that song started playing. Shared it because it shows the worst case scenario for HD700.

LCD lineup? New fazor models should work with pretty much all music. Way more forgiving than say HD800 but still having clear highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back