Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #2,900 of 9,329
I rented the HD700 and compare it with the T1. I like to listen all kind of music but mostly pop & hip-hop so for me, the hd700 wasn't really a good chose because I don't feel the bass at all (but it have a great size). However, the T1 is much better in many ways for me (Bass/comfort/ sound clarity)

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #2,902 of 9,329
It's fine.  I have a Doublehelix copper something fancy litz Molecule SE whatever because Peter and I used my headphone for his prototype cable.  Sounds the same to me.  His is good because it doesn't do that funky kink thing the stock one does.  Whether they actually sound different is all you...

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #2,903 of 9,329
  is the stock cable good enough in terms of SQ? came across black dragon v2 cable for the hd700 and supposedly it will make a noticeable difference in sound and make it better.. not sure if bs and worth it or not.

Manufacturer claims it'll improve sound. oh really?

That cable even looks bad. I'd rather get good looking cable off ebay for 1/3rd of the price.

If you had HD800 or LCD-3 then there could be some point in buying expensive cable but with HD700 you are better off spending that money elsewhere. By that I mean if you saved up the money for HD800 you'd get bigger difference in SQ than you do from the cable. When you have HD800 there really isn't anything better out there so only way to improve SQ is by better amplifier and DAC. (and cable if you are believer)

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #2,904 of 9,329

If you had HD800 or LCD-3 then there could be some point in buying expensive cable but with HD700 you are better off spending that money elsewhere. By that I mean if you saved up the money for HD800 you'd get bigger difference in SQ than you do from the cable. 

Absurd.  

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2,905 of 9,329
To me the stock cable is just too long and has the wrong plug. No sonic complaints here. And my replacement cable was only 72€.

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #2,906 of 9,329
I'm back. I was reading more into it and I do think they will satisfy my tastes. All I need to know is two things. How do these compare to the 990s, and I need to know if you can feel the bass as I read reviews that claim that is how it is. I should add I'm not the typical basshead... (the fact that I had DT990s should have shown that already) I would not fully enjoy bass like the XB700s offer, while that type of bass is nice once and a while, bass you can feel (whether that means you can actually feel the vibration or the energy) is millions of times more appealing to me. Audiophile basshead fits me perfectly, I feel as though that, while these aren't basshead cans, can still provide ample bass and offer a great high end experience. I am most certainly not looking for two subwoofers strapped to my head...if I wanted that I'd go for something else. 

Out of the countless reviews and resources I've looked at, every single sign points towards these having noticeable bass, honestly...that's all that's really necessary for me. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #2,907 of 9,329
To me the stock cable is just too long and has the wrong plug.

Yep...should have come with a balanced 4 pin XLR.
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #2,909 of 9,329
  I'm back. I was reading more into it and I do think they will satisfy my tastes. All I need to know is two things. How do these compare to the 990s, and I need to know if you can feel the bass as I read reviews that claim that is how it is. I should add I'm not the typical basshead... (the fact that I had DT990s should have shown that already) I would not fully enjoy bass like the XB700s offer, while that type of bass is nice once and a while, bass you can feel (whether that means you can actually feel the vibration or the energy) is millions of times more appealing to me. Audiophile basshead fits me perfectly, I feel as though that, while these aren't basshead cans, can still provide ample bass and offer a great high end experience. I am most certainly not looking for two subwoofers strapped to my head...if I wanted that I'd go for something else. 

Out of the countless reviews and resources I've looked at, every single sign points towards these having noticeable bass, honestly...that's all that's really necessary for me. 

This is how I personally think it will play out if you get the HD700. You will think theyre amazing at first.. maybe a month, then you will look to move on because they dont have enough bass.  The first thing you mention is open and basshead in your previous post.  I like me my bass but basshead would not be anywhere in my requirements.  These are not for bassheads.  Yes it has bass and probably more than the DT990 (speculation as I never tried that model but had the DT880/T1) but the HD700 might end up being more balanced than you would like.  You asked us here a question, and you have received a couple responses saying that these may not be right for you.  Then again, everything I am saying is just my thoughts and  may be completely wrong but you asked us what we thought and I am telling you what I thought based on your post.  "with bass boost",  "basshead levels", etc. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2,910 of 9,329
One might try the T1 if bass are needed. This thing has great punch, not even on a specific amp like the Crack, probably the most with the HD650 & DT990 Pro of all headphones I tried (see my profil).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back