Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #286 of 6,751
Jesus Christ.. this thread is proof that you really can't make everyone happy. I shouldn't be surprised but yet here I sit - amazed. Haha

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #292 of 6,751
I don't see how another addition to the HD6series can be anything other than a side grade. I'm really interested to see more measurments on the driver and the like though.

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #293 of 6,751
I don't see how another addition to the HD6series can be anything other than a side grade. I'm really interested to see more measurments on the driver and the like though.

Hopefully we can get a deep dive on what makes this driver design/ optimisation special compared to the others and maybe some information from @Jermo K as well?

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #294 of 6,751
So are we only allowed to make positive comments now and that’s it? People have genuine concerns and being careful about whether to buy this or not as an “upgrade” money doesn’t go as far as it used. I thought forums were meant for discussion?
Of course not, every opinion is welcomed and I don't remember writing or stating something very positive till now or giving very high praise.

So I don't know what we are talking about.
I only wrote my thoughts that are leaning positive because it sounds good but almost everything now sounds good at least for some people.

I also don't understand why the 660S2 should be an upgrade or side grade or whatever people are imagining.

Sennheiser marketing as I am reading it mentions extra sub-bass and bass with relaxed and intimate sound.

Well they from what it seems they have succeed in doing so.

The discussion about upgrades, better than 650 / 660 or worst or everything else is just fictional.

This is another headphone from Sennheiser.

Some people will love it and some hate it.

Nothing else to add.

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #297 of 6,751
Hopefully we can get a deep dive on what makes this driver design/ optimisation special compared to the others and maybe some information from @Jermo K as well?

The evidence of how it performs will be all the commentary we need, IMO.

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #300 of 6,751
At SBAF they adore to hate it as a headphone with ...compressed sound! They worship the HD-650 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back