Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Feb 2, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #272 of 6,588
I want to mention as well while I don’t condone rude behaviour from anyone in the forums, I agree we can’t just accept everything stated from reviewers as truth. I understand why reviewers won’t put out a bad review because it can hurt partnerships.

A few years ago back I was reviewing iems and I had agreement with X company to review multiple sets of their higher end models, after seeing one of my not so favourable but completely honest review they cut contact and I didn’t hear off them again, all other reviews were off the table. Later on when I was on tour with another product I was also contacted by another company and asked to change my review I did for them and I don’t agree with that it’s what made me stop completely.

So in this case I prefer to stick to independent reviewers that purchased with their own money.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #273 of 6,588
Will there be a US based tour of the 660S2 going around for headfiers to review?

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #274 of 6,588
@Ichos - are you able to share closer photos of the finish. It looks similar to the new route they have been going with the HD600 and HD58X.

My aesthetic personal preference has always been in this order HD650, HD600og, HD650S, HD580 Jubilee, HD580, HD58X. Honorable mention - HD800 Anniversary, HD800S, HD800, HD8XX (which I'd love to hear still)

The S2 looks to follow the HD650S, but with bronze, nice touch. Mother of pearl or some other weird idea. IE 600 3D printed metal accents would be awesome, so would IE 900 accents. Both beautiful works of technical art.

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #275 of 6,588
A giant killer?
Would have been nice :D
A bad headphone that doesn't deserve the price of admission?
How about a good headphone with the same problem? That's quite the price for a 600 series. It's double everything else. I think we're right to look at that and expect more. Someone else mentioned it's been 14 years since the 800 came out. They were right saying some of that should filter down by now.
Is it better or worse the 660S or 650?
Again at $600 there shouldn't be a question.

At just over $500 one can purchase a PS5, which has a significant amount of tech inside. There needs to be value of performance from the S2. "just another 600 level variant" doesn't quite cut it.

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #278 of 6,588
Would have been nice :D

How about a good headphone with the same problem? That's quite the price for a 600 series. It's double everything else. I think we're right to look at that and expect more. Someone else mentioned it's been 14 years since the 800 came out. They were right saying some of that should filter down by now.

Again at $600 there shouldn't be a question.

At just over $500 one can purchase a PS5, which has a significant amount of tech inside. There needs to be value of performance from the S2. "just another 600 level variant" doesn't quite cut it.
You know that there are people who adore the 650 and others who love the 660S without finding any problems at all.

So I don't understand your question.

What is really the problem with the 6xx series?

That you don't like them?

Are you asking if it has a tuning, sound signature and technicallities of your personal liking?

Well, I don't know.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #279 of 6,588
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #280 of 6,588
@Ichos - are you able to share closer photos of the finish. It looks similar to the new route they have been going with the HD600 and HD58X.

My aesthetic personal preference has always been in this order HD650, HD600og, HD650S, HD580 Jubilee, HD580, HD58X. Honorable mention - HD800 Anniversary, HD800S, HD800, HD8XX (which I'd love to hear still)

The S2 looks to follow the HD650S, but with bronze, nice touch. Mother of pearl or some other weird idea. IE 600 3D printed metal accents would be awesome, so would IE 900 accents. Both beautiful works of technical art.
I will try to shoot a decent photo during daylight.
I didn't inspect very close, it looks like a darker 660S with bronze accents.

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #282 of 6,588
I want to mention as well while I don’t condone rude behaviour from anyone in the forums, I agree we can’t just accept everything stated from reviewers as truth. I understand why reviewers won’t put out a bad review because it can hurt partnerships.

A few years ago back I was reviewing iems and I had agreement with X company to review multiple sets of their higher end models, after seeing one of my not so favourable but completely honest review they cut contact and I didn’t hear off them again, all other reviews were off the table. Later on when I was on tour with another product I was also contacted by another company and asked to change my review I did for them and I don’t agree with that it’s what made me stop completely.

So in this case I prefer to stick to independent reviewers that purchased with their own money.
Edit.

Wrong quote.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #283 of 6,588
Edit.

Wrong quote.

Well you are promoting a product by giving it a glowing review wether you intended to or not.

It’s not about people having a problem with you making money it’s more so that you can’t always be truthful when something like this is a job as you take the risk on missing out on future products and then that’s less work for you. Reviewers need more products not less and so the cycle goes.

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #284 of 6,588
Well you are promoting a product by giving it a glowing review wether you intended to or not.

It’s not about people having a problem with you making money it’s more so that you can’t always be truthful when something like this is a job as you take the risk on missing out on future products and then that’s less work for you. Reviewers need more products not less and so the cycle goes.
Not again.

Yes I am giving glowing reviews and making a lot of money.
I am fooling people around.

Happy?

Now, let's move along.

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #285 of 6,588
What puzzles me is it’s a German company, no orders up on EU Amazon or other online stores, no official announcement, not on the Sennheiser website but it’s been popping up and available in the US for purchase for a week or so…

Definitely a very weird product launch strategy :rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back