Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
May 13, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #61 of 737

This is from a review in a German print magazin. Looks much better than Jude's graphs. I hope this is true.

May 13, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #62 of 737
The bass club would say otherwise

The bass club is a weird place. I was once attacked for saying Earsonics Velvet had great bass. They accused me of showing off with my expensive IEMs, lol. Apparently you can't recommend anything above $200 to them, and what they understand from quality bass is loose bass farting into your ears in great amounts. I gave up trying to tell them about quality bass in the end.

May 13, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #63 of 737
No, you went on and on and on about the Earsonics Velvet in multiple posts. You sounded more like a paid advertiser than a genuine enthusiast. Plenty of $200 and above stuff there and I personally look forward to what Sennheiser brings to the table. Will it be a titan like the TH900 or an also ran like the Z7.

May 13, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #65 of 737
  Please... me and I think most sennheiser fans want a good high end closed dynamic can, that has a high level of sound quality. I hope the new sennheiser closed line is as far away from the sound of a low fidelity bloated headphone like the SZ2000.

If it sounds anything remotely like the SZ2000 throw it in the can. If it sounds like the TH600s awesome. But the cable isn't detacheable so its a no go for me sadly.

May 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #66 of 737
  If it sounds anything remotely like the SZ2000 throw it in the can. If it sounds like the TH600s awesome. But the cable isn't detacheable so its a no go for me sadly.

Technically it resembles the SZ1000 more with its slightly more forward mids and tamed bass. The SZ1000 properly amped is a decent can while the

SZ2000 is meant for rattling teeth and jawlines.

May 13, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #67 of 737
I

I also like exchangeable cables, but I honestly never broke a cable so far. So maybe this solution saves me some money in the end?

May 13, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #68 of 737

Technically it resembles the SZ1000 more with its slightly more forward mids and tamed bass. The SZ1000 properly amped is a decent can while the

SZ2000 is meant for rattling teeth and jawlines.

Sounds more plausible. I like bass but not at the exoense of everything else. The SZ2000 will break your jawline with its bass

May 13, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #69 of 737
Within minutes of Jude posting the news on this hp, I sent a text to a friend that said:

*fixed cable is a mistake

*seems a little heavy and bulky for a portable

*bass boost on an hd series Sennheiser? Um...no. 

Got up this morning to see these same sentiments repeated several times. I'll be passing on this one and hope Sennheiser some other new announcements this year. 

May 13, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #70 of 737
Plus, it's as ugly as sin. I'd never walk down the street wearing these.

So..

Poor sound
Poor styling
Poor practicality
High price tag.

What were they thinking?

May 13, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #71 of 737

So..

Poor sound
Poor styling
Poor practicality
High price tag.

What were they thinking?

How do you know it has poor sound? Let's not be judgmental. I mean no removable cable is a fact and a stupid decision indeed but we don't know how it sounds yet. If you heard it though, I'd be glad if you could tell us about the sound more.

May 13, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #72 of 737

So..

Poor sound
Poor styling
Poor practicality
High price tag.

What were they thinking?

I don't know what they were thinking honestly. This is not indicative of a Sennheiser release. I recently picked up the Momentum 2 wired. I've been really impressed with the evolution of how Senn improved this product from the original. It's a really fine example of a portable done right in almost every way. I have a hard time even nit picking to come up with any faults. But the hd630...I really don't get it. I would give it a listen if the opportunity ever came up at a meet or tour, but have no plans to purchase. 

May 13, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #75 of 737

So..

Poor sound
Poor styling
Poor practicality
High price tag.

What were they thinking?

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I like the design so far. And I am gonna try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back