Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
May 13, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #92 of 737
I have the HD8 DJ, MOMENTUM2 over ear, HD650 and IE80. All sound different, but all share one thing, all radiate great sound quality and good design. So I have high hopes that this new can will provide it's own place between all others. It's not for all, but so are all cans that get discussed here. Even the JVC SZ 2000 has it's place for the ultra bassheads, so what.

May 13, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #93 of 737
...no detachable cable? The Momentum has it...

Otherwise I'm intrigued; the graph reminds me of the DT770 LE, which I enjoy quite a bit, and have often contemplated modding to have a mic, because it's my office can and I hate having to switch back and forth with IEMs just to use the mic for phone calls.

If the build quality is up to snuff, and the sound is really on Fostex level, with a DT770-esque signature, I'll be excited.

I could see these as potential Beats-killers, but they're a lot bulkier than any Beats, and portability is a huge selling point for Beats, so I think they're more targeting the "new audiophile" market.

May 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #94 of 737
That's correct and you are absolutley right!
In the case of HD 630VB,its another cheap HP that makes no sense!!!

Regards Nomax

You have a strange definition of cheap. I think it's very expensive.

May 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #95 of 737

You have a strange definition of cheap. I think it's very expensive.

Nomax meaning cheap means anything below 1500€. 
evil_smiley.gif
. Who's going to the Munich HE 2015 on Sunday? I'll be there. 

May 13, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #96 of 737
Nomax meaning cheap means anything below 1500€. :evil: . Who's going to the Munich HE 2015 on Sunday? I'll be there. 

We have hundrets of the same Models in the same price Category 200-500 Euros,all Companys makes the same!!!
And a Model with bass adjusment is a old way!! AKG was making that in the past with his TIESTO 267

K3003 few years later IE 800
TIESTO 267 few years later HD630VB

We are in the YEAR 2015,but we don't have an an SMALL HIGH END HP with SMALL CUPS in the higher pricerange that sounds great!!!

How would the sennheiser Momentum look like and sound it if it would cost EUROS 2000 and not 200??
That would be the right direction because we have to many companys in this crazy Industrie that makes the same and goes the same way,so this is my opinion and i think the the day will come in the Near Time FUTURE that a Company will make the FIRST HIGH END HP for Mobile with 250 gramm ,small cups and with great sound

Regards
NOMAX

May 13, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #97 of 737
& Custom One Pro, also adjustable bass- seems like a divisive can.

All the disappointment seems a bit premature, except for that it doesn't really match the 600 lineage- but electronics/audio companies using sensible iterative model naming is a bit of a rarity- even the good ones inevitably bungle it
tongue_smile.gif

The FR and review SQ impressions certainly don't seem bad- I don't get the negative reaction to variable bass either- not everyone's cup of tea, I guess- personally like the trend to some customizability.
Not THAT ugly either, though I tend to like clunky matte black plastic things Senn produces.
Detachable cables- so far i'm 2 out of 3 in sockets breaking before cables break, though only just as the mini jacks were borderline- as long as we can pull the can apart to replace it and it's easily rewired, I kinda prefer decent strain relief.

Personally, glad to see Sennheiser with another full sized closed headphone that isn't the Momentum (uggh) or the DJ. Because the phone controls and shiny paint I might avoid them for the time being, but otherwise looks promising enough to at least fulfill a particular niche. 

May 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #98 of 737

These are too big, too heavy and pretty ugly for portability use.
The non-removable cable is a mistake and the microphone is useless. 
I could imagine some DJs buying these headphones, but the non-removable cable with a random mic, might change their minds. 

I love Sennheiser, but i believe they created a headphone for nobody. 

What's the point of this useless headphone? They already have a ton of casual headphones. Why not improve on the decade old HD600 and HD650? Angled driver, more bass, different color, HD700 comfort.

Quote:
  No, Sennheiser. Don't go that way.

+1

May 13, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #99 of 737
Sennheiser is behind AKG in that way

You will see that with the release of AKG'S NEW N90Q

REGARDS NOMAX

May 13, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #104 of 737
I am a little confused as well who this headphone is supposed to cater to. It's a gimmicky novelty product that should be no more than $200-300. 

It's out of character for Sennheiser as a brand. I don't think this is a headphone that is going to stay in production for very long. It's probably going to end up being nothing but audiophile trivia later on down the road when reminiscing about Sennheiser's line up years from now. Like "remember when Sennheiser made that weird headphone that was too expensive with the adjustable bass, mismatched cups, and non removable cord? What were they thinking?!"

May 13, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #105 of 737
Did Sennheiser aquire a different marketing person, CEO, or someone who gives the go ahead for new headphones AFTER the HD700/HD800's were introduced? I'm thinking someone new has taken over since these two headphones came out. All I see is worthless and meaningless new arrivals since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back