Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
May 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #106 of 737
They could have at least named them differently. Slapping on the HD6x0 name on a closed back, consumer headphone with adjustable bass is very ballsy. Looks like Sennheiser's glory days are over. 

May 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #107 of 737
Uh, yeah, no thank you. Just my opinion. I didn't like the Momentums or Urbans either. In my opinion I think the HD series are still the best cans Sennheiser made.
On these the big turn off to me are the pad material, the cable and the microphones cell phone and other extra unneeded stuff.
Just my opinion.

May 13, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #108 of 737
I think these are a late april fools joke. They almost had me for a second. No way these are designed by Sennheiser. Lol. If philips comes out with headphone in the $500-$750 range, sennheiser better staet worrying. Philips are the old new boys back on the block.

May 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #109 of 737
I don't really get the hyperbole and the negativity. I won't be buying this either but I'll listen to it if I can and leave impressions. What is your purpose other than ****ting?

Sennheiser might have your money at the end of this year. Until then you negative guys might leave this thread for those who are interested in impressions and a helpful discussion. 

Looks like Sennheiser's glory days are over. 

This is why Headphoneus Supremus is a joke. What an insight in your huge experience and foresight. 

May 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #110 of 737
  I don't really get the hyperbole and the negativity. I won't be buying this either but I'll listen to it if I can and leave impressions. What is your purpose other than ****ting?

Sennheiser might have your money at the end of this year. Until then you negative guys might leave this thread for those who are interested in impressions and a helpful discussion. 

This is why Headphoneus Supremus is a joke. What an insight in your huge experience and foresight. 

totally agree, why this negativity

May 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #111 of 737
I think the negativity derives from people's expectations of sennheiser as a brand and the hd6xx series reputation.

This is certainly a bold deviation from sennheiser's previous classical successes among the audiophile market. I agree it is premature to judge headphones without hearing them and it is possible for these new headphones to gather new fans, but the majority of the audiophile audience who buy sennheiser & eagerly await new releases from the esteemed brand are looking for something else entirely. so I think it's only natural that there are disappointed reactions here.

if this was released along with a new hd800 flagship or updated hd600, everyone would have something to look forward to. as of now, this headphone seems targeted at a specific niche that is very different from than the audience who fell in love with the original hd6xx series or hd800.

The negativity that derives from this product not being what people want to see from Sennheiser is further heightened by the critical comments about specific poor design choices of this specific model (imo - such as the weight and lack of the removable cable). so this thread seems overly negative right now, but I do think some of that may change once people get a chance to hear the headphones for themselves.

May 13, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #112 of 737
We have hundrets of the same Models in the same price Category 200-500 Euros,all Companys makes the same!!!
And a Model with bass adjusment is a old way!! AKG was making that in the past with his TIESTO 267

K3003 few years later IE 800
TIESTO 267 few years later HD630VB

We are in the YEAR 2015,but we don't have an an SMALL HIGH END HP with SMALL CUPS in the higher pricerange that sounds great!!!

How would the sennheiser Momentum look like and sound it if it would cost EUROS 2000 and not 200??
That would be the right direction because we have to many companys in this crazy Industrie that makes the same and goes the same way,so this is my opinion and i think the the day will come in the Near Time FUTURE that a Company will make the FIRST HIGH END HP for Mobile with 250 gramm ,small cups and with great sound

Regards
NOMAX

I need a big headphone that sounds good, the Momentum 2 which I bought recently has too small cups for my ears. So has the Ultrasone Signature line, so has the Sennheiser HD 8 Dj....The HD650/700 cup size fits me fine and I am hoping for such a size on any future can that interests me.

May 13, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #113 of 737
Non-detachable cable with mic and controls does sound like a bad idea, but if it plays ball in the TH600 league, nobody should be disappointed. Either way, I'll save my money towards SE846 for portable use. New Sennheiser flagship would be tempting though.

May 13, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #114 of 737
Non-detachable cable with mic and controls does sound like a bad idea, but if it plays ball in the TH600 league, nobody should be disappointed. Either way, I'll save my money towards SE846 for portable use. New Sennheiser flagship would be tempting though.

Audition Earsonics Velvet if you can, it's better than SE846.

I don't want to be negative as this may sound pretty good but I would prefer HD 670 open back headphones.

May 13, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #116 of 737
  Oh, and one last thing that I think might be good for the folks in this forum to consider is that their marketing research may indicate that this is what a reasonably large percentage of their buyers want. Head-fi is a small corner of the headphone buying market. It may be that there are a lot of people who want a really nice Beats type headphone from Sennheiser. Just because it doesn't necessarily make a lot of us happy, that doesn't mean it wont sell well. 

I do agree and realize your last point, but I think the hd630vb is an missed opportunity for that type of target audience primarily due to its MSRP price and styling/design.

As another poster stated quite well, the new AKG N90Q will draw in Beats fans much easier than this attempt by Sennheiser, while offering many more customization features and a much more contemporary and attractive styling. Physical bass boost is old news and never really took off. AKG recognized that normal people are looking towards features such as noise cancellation (and bluetooth) more and more now. Its naming scheme also makes a lot of sense, creating a separate naming designation for their new approach. only concern is the rumored price point which appears incredibly high. However, you can see from the comments on the N90Q, there is anywhere near the amount of 'negativity' even though it is quite apparent they are directly borrowing Beats-styling. Explore new markets, but don't forget your traditional audience. I think Sennheiser already has a two product lines that directly compete with the beats (the Momentums/Urbanites). This seems to be in an all new direction, which is quite exciting (and also understandably a bit controversial with divided opinions). Here's to hoping Sennheiser will have more goodies to reveal this year :)

May 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #118 of 737
The 630VB to compare with AKG N90Q is not fair because two different pricecategory 500 EUROS VS 1500 EUROS

Regards NOMAX

May 13, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #119 of 737
The 630VB to compare with AKG N90Q is not fair because two different pricecategory 500 EUROS VS 1500 EUROS

Regards NOMAX

Wat, a headphone with active-circuit costing 1.5K euro?

......well, that certainly put any possibility being popular in this forum to zero.

May 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #120 of 737
Wat, a headphone with active-circuit costing 1.5K euro?

......well, that certainly put any possibility being popular in this forum to zero.

Many was saying the same about the K3003,and AKG was selling over 20.000 UNITS since 2011 and after years sennheiser was coming with IE 800 but sad to say to late lol

Compare the AKG TIESTO 267 and you see few years later HD630VB -both with bass adjusment LOL

AKG is always the first And other follow

Regards Nomax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back