Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Oct 16, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #511 of 737
20171016_212947[1].jpg

Nice end of day listening.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #514 of 737
Oh yeah...loving these :)

I knew @Brooko was a fan... and now I see this...

Third time these have been on my radar. I seem drawn to them. If you look at my list you will see I do not NEED any more headphones or any other gear. Or, do I? What might these bring to the party that I am lacking? What do I already own that might make these redundant? Do these ever come up on Black Friday deals?

I look at the photos and I think about just settling into a nice comfy sofa with them on my ears.

Someone tell me what to do please! Talk me into them or talk me out of them:)

edited to add: I have the Denon AH-D600 so I am wondering if these Sennheisers might be too similar.Has anyone heard both?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #515 of 737
I knew @Brooko was a fan... and now I see this...

Third time these have been on my radar. I seem drawn to them. If you look at my list you will see I do not NEED any more headphones or any other gear. Or, do I? What might these bring to the party that I am lacking? What do I already own that might make these redundant? Do these ever come up on Black Friday deals?

I look at the photos and I think about just settling into a nice comfy sofa with them on my ears.

Someone tell me what to do please! Talk me into them or talk me out of them:)

edited to add: I have the Denon AH-D600 so I am wondering if these Sennheisers might be too similar.Has anyone heard both?

I think these have better clarity than the D600 and less bass.

They are great end of the day over ears with enough quality and just enough bass adjust to hit the mellow sweet spot for relaxed listening.

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #517 of 737
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-hd-630vb.20787/reviews#review-19410

Review is up.

Love it.

Not really portable but excellent after work cans with a nice twist of the dial to compliment a tune that comes up and needs it...cuz you feel like it....cuz your drunk and tired and it sounds damn good. :wink:

Yay! I was just coming in here to ask if you were going to review it. You must have read my mind:) Going to make a cup of tea and read the review:) Portable for me sometimes just means unhooking from the desktop system and being able to move around the house with headphones plugged into a good DAP.

Nov 7, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #518 of 737

Good review. Thanks.

Actually I have been trying to talk myself out of buying another headphone. You are not helping! :) I keep coming back to these and I worry that if I do not get them, and they are eventually unavailable, I will have regrets.

When I add another headphone it is not because I am unhappy with the others...it is because I am too curious. There is something inviting about these. Calling my name?

I will try to hold off until Black Friday. Sennheiser did have some deals last year on that day. I am in the UK if someone just wants to get rid of theirs:)

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #519 of 737
I think these have better clarity than the D600 and less bass.

They are great end of the day over ears with enough quality and just enough bass adjust to hit the mellow sweet spot for relaxed listening.

You and @Brooko convinced me that I DO need these. They will arrive tomorrow!

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #520 of 737
Will look forward to your thoughts on them. I hope you like them as much as Chris and I do :)

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #522 of 737
Welcome Mr. Wilson!

The very slight turn of the dial for the song you are on is a quickly formed habit. I think I tweak it for every song and it surely doesn't need it i just love the big dial. :)

Lol..every song? I expect I will get too lost in the music to do that...we will see:)

not a mr...check my profile:)

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #524 of 737
Lol..every song? I expect I will get too lost in the music to do that...we will see:)

not a mr...check my profile:)

LOL
Whoops!
I imagine the freq spectrum like a rubber band and i like pulling on it with the dial. OCD and ADHD collision. I enjoy it. very subtle but clear bringing forward of the bass instruments if I choose.
I do not use the other controls just the dial.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #525 of 737
LOL
Whoops!
I imagine the freq spectrum like a rubber band and i like pulling on it with the dial. OCD and ADHD collision. I enjoy it. very subtle but clear bringing forward of the bass instruments if I choose.
I do not use the other controls just the dial.

I probably will do it..it does intrigue me. My OCD lies in other areas...uh oh...hope this doesn't start something:)

I wonder what time they will arrive. First I should sleep. Nearly 3am here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back