Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,833 of 23,499
Follow up for anybody who was interested. I sent the Sennheiser Australia FB page the initial message at 1am. They replied this morning at 7am. Really impressed with the response time. They told me to take it back to the store I bought it from (authorised dealer). I did that today and the guys at the store called Sennheiser who told them to immediately just give me a brand new HD600.

So at home right now listening to my new HD600, thanks Sennheiser for great after sale service!

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #4,834 of 23,499
  Follow up for anybody who was interested. I sent the Sennheiser Australia FB page the initial message at 1am. They replied this morning at 7am. Really impressed with the response time. They told me to take it back to the store I bought it from (authorised dealer). I did that today and the guys at the store called Sennheiser who told them to immediately just give me a brand new HD600.

So at home right now listening to my new HD600, thanks Sennheiser for great after sale service!

Awesome! I knew they would take care of you. Listen on!

beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #4,835 of 23,499
Wow...u gotten a new replacement...fantastic.
And is your can still under warranty?
:D

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #4,839 of 23,499
  OMGoodness, LugBug1....your display picture is classic.

OK, I'll bite...LugBug1, what the heck is that picture from?

The Avatar? 

Thats Cameron Diaz with no teeth... Just google celebs with no teeth and some clever chap has airbrushed quite a few. They are absolutely hilarious! 

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #4,841 of 23,499
Whew I was going to ask but thought better not to. At least now we know that she can eat more than just puree. 
smile.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #4,843 of 23,499
Anyone here think it's worth moving from the fidelio x1 to hd600?
I really like the fidelio but I feel like I'm missing out somewhat.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #4,844 of 23,499
I heard my friend's x1 a little. The hd600 has more details, but it's not a massive step up from the x1 for sure. Basically they are in the same league imo, in terms of airiness, detail to some extent. Since u like ur x1 alot, I assume u like the heavy bass (which to me is excessive, but ymmv) and you are going to lose that with the hd600 definitely.

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #4,845 of 23,499
Hello, everybody! I hope I haven't screwed up choosing the right thread to post my question.
So, I've been listening hd600+dr.dac2dx(it's usb dac+amp) almost for 5 years and always enjoyed the sound. Recently I bought some nice portable gear: fiio x3 player and sennheiser ie-80. Afterwards I realized that all this 5 years I didn't here the bass. Drums and bass guitars sound so much better with my portable stuff that I started to dislike my stationary gear even though other than the bass it sounds a way better.

So I want to somehow improve the bass experience on hd600+dr.dac2dx and, as I think, one of the wise ways is to get a standalone amp and connect it to the line-outs of dr.dac2dx. After looking through the market my attention was attracted by Burson Soloist, mainly coz it's just an awesome peace of gear technically. But after reading reviews I considered it to be an overshot for HD600, coz mainly this amp is used with around $2k-sound-sources and HD800 or similar $1k-headphones.

So, guys, please share some experience of successfully driving hd600 in terms of the bass experience without going hd800-like-price-range-catagory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back