Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #1,741 of 23,439
Ok, so back to the hd600.

I love the soundstage thanks to its openness. But i hate that you can hear everything people are saying through it. AHhh. I have to switch back to the srh 840 when my family comes to my man cave.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,742 of 23,439
Quote:
Ok mike, bro, chill. Look I'm in high school. I don't have a job. You still think we're all audio engineers and rich? okay. Dude, no one is blaming  you for liking your cords. And no one is saying you're wrong. We're just saying some of your assumptions and metaphors/similes are a bit over the top. We just want a little hard evidence on the subject. like how much better the current really is on upgrade cables, as a number.
smile.gif

There is no number cansmancan....none, AFAIK. No one's ever measured any difference. It's all in his head. And he made the assumption that I've never tried an aftermarket cable. I have.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #1,743 of 23,439
Mike
I think you've made your point.  I also think most of us disagree with what you're saying.  If you hear it - and it's what you want to hear out of your music ..... fine.  I can't say you're wrong - and you can't objectively/empirically prove you're right.  But it doesn't matter anyway - as long as you are happy with your set-up, and what you are paying.

Can we now get back to topic - which is the "HD600 appreciation thread" - not a debate on cables, whose listening preferences are right etc?  If you wnat to continue a debate on your cable set-up, why not start a topic in Sound Science forum?  Then you can match your subjective ideas with objective measurements ..........

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #1,744 of 23,439
This is an HD600 appreciation thread. Stop talking about cables in this thread and stay on topic.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,745 of 23,439
Moving forward, please stay on topic or we'll have to lock this thread permantly.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #1,746 of 23,439
my point is, that if people aren't looking for an analytical sound, that is, listening for everything that is on the CD or Disc, then the 600's are maybe going to be too bright and revealing for some people, and not allow acceptable music. if it's an appreciation thread on 600's, and i am a composer and very acute listener, then my comments on the nature ( that is, what there is to appreciate ) of the 600's is just as relevant as any other comment. no? and, the science of cable isn't going to talk about the coloration of cable, because science can't measure 'coloration'.

just because i seem to have an attitude, doesn't mean that it's the wrong kind of attitude for an intellectual discussion on something as important as how and why we listen with the 600's.

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #1,749 of 23,439
Quote:
I own both the 600 & 650 and wouldn't part with either of them they are both stock by the way. They are the first set of headphones that I have ever owned that let me truly enjoy the music.

So i have to ask, which do you prefer and why?

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,750 of 23,439
The 650 but only by a little. I think the 650 is better for casual listening Its better in the bass and not quite as bright in the highs the 600 is way more neutral in fact a buddy of mine who does a lot of recording said he would use the 600 for mixing. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #1,751 of 23,439
Quote:
The 650 but only by a little. I think the 650 is better for casual listening Its better in the bass and not quite as bright in the highs the 600 is way more neutral in fact a buddy of mine who does a lot of recording said he would use the 600 for mixing. 

See, at least your friend SAYS he would. I swear, i have this friend he comes in here and takes over my setup. Plays his junk so loud...bro, those my babies! you take care of them!

It seems i have developed a love of balance, or at least thus far. Srh 840 and hd 600...id say that's a balanced sorta style. It think its odd how much i like the balance sound so many regard as dry/uninteresting. I get more toe taping out of these than my xb 700, which is a fantastic fun can in it's own, just doesn't have the same effect, ya know

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,752 of 23,439
Ah, I see this thread has been reopened. That's good. It would've been a shame to see this thread permanently closed.

Quote:

Can't talk about cables for an HD-600? Since when?

I think a short cable discussion is okay, as long as we avoid those long heated, dead horse debates.  As Ron Burgundy would say "Stay classy San Diego" or in this case HD600 appreciation thread.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #1,753 of 23,439
I see no reason why cable talk for the 600 in the 600 thread is taboo.  But if it turns into a general "cables dont make a difference" discussion, there are already threads for that.  This thread tends to drift into non 600 based things sometimes.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,754 of 23,439
Seems fine to voice a preference for a specific cable for the cans that are the subject of this thread, but then the thread invariably turns into a discussion/debate about cables in general, and veers totally off topic, away from a discussion of the virtues or flaws of the headphones themselves that are supposedly the topic of the thread. I think that's probably the moderator's objection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back