Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #18,466 of 23,499
While I've only heard the M1060 once, I was a bit disappointed with all the hype about them but I'm willing to try them again if the opportunity comes up again and my I'm trying to find different ear pads for my friend who has them to see if it helps or not. What is the 8320? search only came up with IEM

Yes, 8320 is ever hyped monoprice budgeted IEMs.

Jul 30, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #18,468 of 23,499
I just can't believe how amazing they sound after the burning in! before the burning in I really couldn't listen to the rock music with them I would get really disappointed and frustrated, because the sound wasn't clear at all and the details were all lost but now, they are really shining! Just remember whoever reading this and has bought the HD 600's & are feeling like something is wrong with the headphones or just didn't like the sound, just give them time to burn in.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #18,471 of 23,499
Had them for 3 days, and been listening to them most hours of the day. Here are my notes. If you want the short version; Great neutral headphones, highly reccomended.

Clean sound.
Too harsh on bright recordings.
Perfect on smooth and darker recordings.
Sits really well on your head, can hurt a bit after a while, but probably only until they are fully worn in. Well made.
Not alot of low bass. So the mid bass is a bit too forward compared to the bass in full. But super clean.
Female vocals are a pleasure.
Prefer male vocals and bass/low guitar acoustics on smoother/darker headphones. Very neutral.

Haven't heard the HD650's, but I ordered the HD6XX's. Those will probably be just be up my alley, probably sounding a bit worse on dark recordings, but alot better on brighter recordings. The bright recordings + neutral phones just isn't me, makes my head hurt.

Have a good day.

Aug 6, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #18,475 of 23,499
I listen to their first album all the time using a NEVE RNHP or Valhalla 2 with the 600's. It's lovely!

I also love the RNHP/ HD600 combination especially with well produced music e.g. Steely Dan. The RNHP has one of the clearest sounds in it's price range. You have to pay much more to get better. The HD600's full potential comes through with this amp.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #18,476 of 23,499
I also love the RNHP/ HD600 combination especially with well produced music e.g. Steely Dan. The RNHP has one of the clearest sounds in it's price range. You have to pay much more to get better. The HD600's full potential comes through with this amp.

Sounds great. That amp would be on my shortlist (of 3) if only I had the cash:frowning2:

The others would be the Trilogy 931 and the Graham Slee Solo ULDE. The Rupert Neve as the most affordable of that bunch will probably be the one I need to start saving for.

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #18,477 of 23,499
I never tire of the HD600's tone. The soundstage is not exceptional, but the HD600 is a poor man's Utopia in terms of incredibly seductive tone. Obviously, detail retrieval and bass aren't as anywhere near as good, but it's a comparable sound.

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #18,478 of 23,499
I never tire of the HD600's tone. The soundstage is not exceptional, but the HD600 is a poor man's Utopia in terms of incredibly seductive tone. Obviously, detail retrieval and bass aren't as anywhere near as good, but it's a comparable sound.
I felt it was more similar to the Elear than the Utopia. I also liked the Elear more than the Utopia. But I might be alone in that one.

Aug 13, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #18,480 of 23,499
Here I am. 15 years on... still love my HD600 to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back