Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #7,141 of 23,456

Encouraging news! Let us know how you're doing after the antibiotics.

I have just finished the course and there's an improvement. No itching, pain and pressure. Still going to see an audiologist though to do more checks.

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #7,142 of 23,456
  Thanks.. Word of caution, the wires are VERY easy to break.  Be careful and take your time removing the lollipop driver housing.  Also keep metal objects away from the drivers once they are removed.  The magnets are small but powerful enough to attract paper clips, staples, tweezers...etc.  The very tool you use to re-bend the springs could jump across the table and crush the driver diaphragm.  I use a wood/bamboo BBQ skewer, whittle it down to a flattened point with my knife... like a small screwdriver.

When removing the lollipop is it just held in place by the plastic clips circled in red? Or do I need to do something with the gold pins circled in green? It seems tough to remove.

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #7,143 of 23,456

When removing the lollipop is it just held in place by the plastic clips circled in red? Or do I need to do something with the gold pins circled in green? It seems tough to remove.

Just pull the whole thing out.. it will go. Nothing holds it near the golden pins, AFAIR.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #7,144 of 23,456
Thanks. i managed to get it out of there. I spent around 20 minutes trying to bend both springs, they are very stiff. I don't think it made any difference since when I replaced the driver in the assembly and connected the cable back I still had the sound cutting in and out depending on the cable position.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #7,146 of 23,456
yeah thats them alright.  I just use a wood BBQ skewer and carefully bend the spring coils back so they are closer together.  Note that at some point around ~2007-06 senn updated the spring metal to a much stiffer material.  it sounds like yours are the updated springs.  Mine most likely are the older/softer ones.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #7,147 of 23,456
  yeah thats them alright.  I just use a wood BBQ skewer and carefully bend the spring coils back so they are closer together.  Note that at some point around ~2007-06 senn updated the spring metal to a much stiffer material.  it sounds like yours are the updated springs.  Mine most likely are the older/softer ones.

I used a BBQ skewer whittled down to a flathead. The springs were so stiff they were bending and stripping the wood from the skewer. I then tried it with a miniature screwdriver used to secure the screws on my phono cartridge which made it easier to bend the springs. But they always went back to their original position. The headphones were purchased around 2005 I think. I guess I'll contact Senn to see if they can provide different springs.

When I plug the cable into the naked assembly the pins go between the larger holes in the spring that can be seen above.

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #7,153 of 23,456
just want to say to those with tinnitus, stay strong. I had it before with a very bad tonsilitis and I was really scared it won't go away because it is very disruptive. the sound is similar to gritting ur teeth against each other, and it came every 5 secs..not fun at all

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #7,155 of 23,456
Sorry ProtegeManiac & HiPiper, what I meant is that recently, my HD600 highlights the distortion of the recording very clearly but I've double checked with another headphone and it turns out that the particular track is distorted. I was a little worried that my HD600's driver is giving way. Does anybody here experience a damaged driver with their HD600 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back