Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #6,692 of 23,434
  That is not the point...
I replaced a LOD cable, which is analog line out, with an HRT iStreamer DAC.
Now the cable coming from my iPod carries the digital information to the DAC, NOT the analog line out signal.
So the question is not if all LOD are the same as I am not comparing two LOD.
I am comparing the internal iPad DAC to the external HRT DAC.

It is a topic that doesn't belong in this post.
If you just read the previous two days of posts in this thread you would understand that this is not to place to start this discussion.

Just yesterday you were extremely critical while lecturing me about posting off topic about cables in this thread and now you're discussing LOD cables.  Ironic.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #6,693 of 23,434
  Dammit, Steve! Stay on topic!

OK, so I'll bring the subject back to HD600 appreciation.  I've owned mine now for almost 2 months and I really like them alot, though I think I'm liking the flavor of my new IE80's a little bit more.  The true and honest sound of the HD600 is obviously their hallmark though.  I do alot of mastering, so the HD600 is definitely what I'll be using for all of my mastering. 

Due to alot of comments, before I got them I was expecting them not to fit real comfortably, but I LOVE how they fit.  I listen to music when I go to bed at night and it's not unusual that I wake up in the morning and they're still on my head, although most nights I'll wake up sometime in the middle of the night and take them off.  It's kinda funny how they provide me sort of a comfort feeling how they envelope my ears and they just feel comfortable and right. Like chicken soup or apple pie though they're German made so perhaps that would be apple struedel.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #6,694 of 23,434
I was listening to some flac Dj mixes and man oh man did it sound great, that's the first time I thought that flac sounded quite a bit better than 320 kbps MP3's.

An to roguegeek, anyone that wants to post something about the HD600 whether its about cables, amp's to pair them with or what ever they can do so. Who do you think you are the soup nazi of the HD600 thread, the people in the know will get that.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #6,695 of 23,434
Finally pulled the trigger on HD600s after contemplating for ages. Driving them with my Leckerton UHA6s mkii. I love listening to live music on these things
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, is there a manual or good piece of instruction on how to replace parts on the HD600? I dont want to break anything hehh

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #6,696 of 23,434
  Btw, is there a manual or good piece of instruction on how to replace parts on the HD600? I dont want to break anything hehh

It took me 10 years to start replacing any parts on my pair. I think you're still quite far from that point, so don't worry about it. 
biggrin.gif

You can Google some disassembly instructions on the net.. there are plenty. But they're really easy to do and hard to break. Well thought modular construction.

Enjoy!

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #6,697 of 23,434

It took me 10 years to start replacing any parts on my pair. I think you're still quite far from that point, so don't worry about it. 
biggrin.gif

You can Google some disassembly instructions on the net.. there are plenty. But they're really easy to do and hard to break. Well thought modular construction.

Enjoy!

I got a used pair haha. I bought HD580/HD600 replacement headband cushion for my Shure SRH440s, and it seems like my HD600 cushions are flattening out.

I'll keep searching! Glad to finally be a part of this thread
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #6,698 of 23,434
I got a used pair haha. I bought HD580/HD600 replacement headband cushion for my Shure SRH440s, and it seems like my HD600 cushions are flattening out.

Replacing the head cushions is the easiest task. Slightly pry off one of those "Made in Ireland" plastic tabs (I've lost one of those, *sigh*), slide the old cushion out, slide the new one in, put the tab back. Done.

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #6,699 of 23,434
I got HD 650 drivers for an extra HD 580 parts pile I had! I haven't gotten to use them as I'm on vacation, but I will be comparing with my HD 600 and Modi/Vali stack. I'm so excited and may just keep both since my "HD 650" cost me roughly $120. I really don't know how these could be "better" than the HD 600. Although some people say the HE-300 sounds like a poor man's HD 650, and I love my HE-300. Can't wait to get home on Thursday!

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #6,702 of 23,434
  Finally pulled the trigger on HD600s after contemplating for ages. Driving them with my Leckerton UHA6s mkii. I love listening to live music on these things
smily_headphones1.gif

This may be a useful instruction on that purpose.

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #6,703 of 23,434
Has anyone ever cut the plug off the end of a standard HD600 cable and was able to solder it onto a new plug or balanced connector?

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #6,705 of 23,434
Woohoo 1000th post

Thought I'd make it this thread and say my HD600s and my TH600 are the cans I'd keep forever. One open and one closed, one for EDM ad one for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back