Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #6,676 of 23,434

Mate it sounds a little better but i was expecting my 600s to sing, think i will purchase another amp. bah ;/

You should buy another headphone then
wink.gif
, an HD 600 will not be much better on a A-GD if at all ...

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #6,678 of 23,434
  While there's never been a debate that cable upgrades for higher quality and better reliability can be cost justified,
I've done the due diligence searching the head-fi forums for more than 'my new cable sounds awesome', but haven't been successful. 
Can anyone point me to any objective testing that has been done on this subject?  Thanks.

Quote:
If you had actually "done the due diligence" you would know that:
1) There is plenty of debate that cables make any difference at all, and
20 There are NO objective tests that prove cables can make a difference.

Now please go away and do some proper diligence!

Thanks.

As I said, I did the search and didn't find any specific tests, which you've confirmed.  Why is it not legitimate to ask if such testing has been done if I do the search and find none?  There's so much talk about the improvement cables make, for someone new to this site, it would be logical that there would be some objective data to show it.  I asked because I'm considering a cable upgrade (just for some decreased length and in order to have a spare) and wanted to see some details...something more convincing than a subjective comment about sound improvement without data to support it.  

Anyway, I didn't mean to start anything.  I'd just like to know.

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #6,679 of 23,434

The cable forum here
http://www.head-fi.org/f/21/cables-power-tweaks-speakers-accessories-dbt-free-forum
Will hook you up with many believers.
More sceptical views will be found in the Sound Science forum. One thread here looks like it may be of interest to you.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/676870/would-cables-actually-make-my-headphones-sound-better-different
Personally, I suggest that you have bought one of the finest headphones available. I wouldn't bother trying to "improve " them.
If the cable is annoyingly long maybe get another stock cable, cut it and solder a new plug onto it.

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #6,680 of 23,434

It is a topic that doesn't belong in this post, which is where your diligence comes in.
If you just read the previous two days of posts in this thread you would understand that this is not to place to start this discussion.
Krismusic's suggestions will be good reads...cheers!

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #6,681 of 23,434
Personally, I suggest that you have bought one of the finest headphones available. I wouldn't bother trying to "improve " them.

Now that is an appropriate post for an appreciation thread!
You forgot the part about saving your $$$$ to buy more music instead...cheers!

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,683 of 23,434
Feb 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #6,684 of 23,434
Feb 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #6,685 of 23,434
If the cable is annoyingly long maybe get another stock cable, cut it and solder a new plug onto it.

Thanks for the links krismusic.  I appreciate it.

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #6,686 of 23,434
Listened to Joe Bonamassa Live from Royal Albert Hall last night.  Wow!

If you like that one try his "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". The combination of his performance and the acoustics of the venue is stunning.

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #6,687 of 23,434
If you like that one try his "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". The combination of his performance and the acoustics of the venue is stunning.

Oh yeah, this one is amazing.

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #6,688 of 23,434
Try the Borderline 
smile.gif

Joe Bonamassa....Anton Fig.....Michael Rhodes

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #6,690 of 23,434
  More initial impressions of the HD 600 with the A2 vs the Lyr. Seems more detailed accurate than the Lyr. More open. I don't know if I would call it warmer. I think the Lyr is warmer, but the A2 is tighter. I think the synergy is better. Will need more time to understand the differences.

On a side note and as a contrast, the A2 is definitely not as good as the Lyr when paired with the HD 700. Clear as day in that respect.

Alright, had the weekend listening to the Asgard 2 with the HD 600 and my initial impressions are pretty much the same, but a lot more solidified now. The A2 just tightens up all frequencies, particularly the lows where the Lyr (using Orange Globes) makes it a little loose in comparison. The A2 also extend the treble a little which, in my opinion, is needed. Basically, the Lyr is fine. It gets the job done, but the Asgard 2 is just a fantastic fit with the HD 600. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this pairing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back