Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #14,072 of 23,482
  @Midgetguy, for comfort its hard to beat HD-700 and HD-800, wish more manufactures would shape ear cups like the shape of the human ear or a least like the Senns

How similar in comfort are the HD800s to the HD700s? Cuz I did get to use the HD700s for a bit. While the HD600s are lighter and I think I like the padding on them better, the cupping and shape felt better on the HD700. The cups seemed to be d-shaped which felt very natural.

I want more manufacturers to at least make oval openings, even if they don't abandon the circular outer shape. Basically, for earpads and earcup shape, I think Sennheiser is king. Their designs just make natural sense. To date, my top 3 most comfortable headphones that I've tried are the HD700, then HD600, then the Hifiman HE1K for the sake of not having another Sennheiser on the list
wink.gif
. It probably would be all Senns in the top 3 if I get a chance to listen to an HD800 lol. I will admit that out of the box, the HE1K is a little more comfortable than the HD600 due to initial clamping force of the HD600, but that's easily fixed. I also like that the headband length has more adjustment options, as in there's more incremental adjustment than with the HE1K and HE560 headbands.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #14,073 of 23,482
I'd say the HD-700 are a little more comfortable than the HD-800 only because the HD-800 clamping force is too light and there is more weight on the top of the headband.  The only problem with the HD-600/650 is the pads can be a bit to shallow for some and some times the initial clamping force is like a vice grip but easily fixed.  Beyer's aren't too bad either, my T1 and DT-990 premium are fairly comfortable, much lighter clamping force than HD-6XX.

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #14,074 of 23,482
  I'd say the HD-700 are a little more comfortable than the HD-800 only because the HD-800 clamping force is too light and there is more weight on the top of the headband.  The only problem with the HD-600/650 is the pads can be a bit to shallow for some and some times the initial clamping force is like a vice grip but easily fixed.  Beyer's aren't too bad either, my T1 and DT-990 premium are fairly comfortable, much lighter clamping force than HD-6XX.

I think that the pads of the HD600 is thick enough, but that the interior space of the cups are smaller than the HD700. Makes the HD700 very spacious for your ears and that's a definitely plus for comfort.

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #14,077 of 23,482

yeeeup; that's actually what got me started trying to hunt down other reviews of the combination.  while there was a small amount of info, it was from a couple people who were banned under different names.  for all i know, it could've been the same person talking to themselves the whole thread.  
etysmile.gif
  was hoping for something a little more fruitful or trustworthy?  didn't really seem to turn up much of anything else.

also read all the little 1-2 line reviews on the burson website, as well as general burson reviews.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #14,078 of 23,482
  yeeeup; that's actually what got me started trying to hunt down other reviews of the combination.  while there was a small amount of info, it was from a couple people who were banned under different names.  for all i know, it could've been the same person talking to themselves the whole thread.  
etysmile.gif
  was hoping for something a little more fruitful or trustworthy?  didn't really seem to turn up much of anything else.

also read all the little 1-2 line reviews on the burson website, as well as general burson reviews.

With 4W per channel, this is a powerful amp. and it is said in the similar tier as Elise.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #14,079 of 23,482
i just got my hd600 today and i am running it right off my laptop without any amp and i am getting decent volume levels at around 35/100. is an amp really needed for this?

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #14,080 of 23,482
Impossible to know without you laptop specs.  But they do improve quiet a bit with a decent amp behind them.  I've been testing the VE Enterprise with the HD600 and I've been amazed at the additional improvement over some of my other sources.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #14,081 of 23,482
  Impossible to know without you laptop specs.  But they do improve quiet a bit with a decent amp behind them.  I've been testing the VE Enterprise with the HD600 and I've been amazed at the additional improvement over some of my other sources.

thank you brooko. guess i will try some amp out to know for sure.

is the output power of chord mojo enough to bring the best out of these headphones? i have read reviews/impressions claiming mojo to complement hd600/650 really well but just to be sure.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #14,082 of 23,482
Should be more than enough.  it'll put 35 mW into 600 ohms, and the HD600 is only half of that.  Would be a pretty good pairing I'd imagine. If you want another option - look at the iFi Micro iDSD.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #14,084 of 23,482

Hi Brooko, I am also looking for a decent amp for my new HD600. This VE Enterprise you are talking about, what is exactly, DAC/AMP or DAC only? Couldn't find anything about it...

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #14,085 of 23,482

Hi Brooko, I am also looking for a decent amp for my new HD600. This VE Enterprise you are talking about, what is exactly, DAC/AMP or DAC only? Couldn't find anything about it...

Also looking for an amp. At this point I am using the HA-2 with the HD-600 and am very happy but wondering if things can get even better with a desktop.  Would love to hear from those who have experience with this.  BH Crack seems to have quite a following would love to hear more from others to get a sense of the top amps for the HD-600.  Thanks.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back