Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #11,791 of 23,496
Haha, the one where the guy looked like he went to a HD 600 academy to learn how to do that? :tongue_smile:

I learnt from this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2Cb0De1Y8

I needed to slow it down and replay the first few times but after I was used to it, his speed is pretty okay.

Yes. That's the one I watched too. He's very good and detailed. But MUCH too fast for me. :)

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #11,792 of 23,496

Nice! Which Grado did you get? I have a pair of PS500s that I put G-Cush pads on and they're noticeably "darker"* than most Grados. Sound amazing though.

*I'm not really a fan of the term. Let's say they're more balanced than the typical Grado sound.

Got a SR-225e first, liked it so upgraded to RS2e.  Then got DIY happy and built 3 SennGrado with different wood cups, all of the PX-100ii drivers sound different even if in the same cup, a little gamble as to what they will sound like.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #11,793 of 23,496
Eddie current is about to do their second run of their ss amp the black widow. Very impressive numbers with hd-600. Looking forward to grabbing one of these.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #11,794 of 23,496
  Got a SR-225e first, liked it so upgraded to RS2e.  Then got DIY happy and built 3 SennGrado with different wood cups, all of the PX-100ii drivers sound different even if in the same cup, a little gamble as to what they will sound like.

Rock on!! I stroll through the SennGrado thread sometimes and I'm always really impressed at the craftsmanship.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #11,796 of 23,496
I recently acquired the latest LCD2 and despite having great lows, I haven't reached for them since putting the HD600 back on. I'm purchasing so many different headphones lately and I'm finding all of them rather disappointing in comparison to the HD600.. maybe if they were at the same price point I might regard them higher but right now they're sitting in the box, barely used, ready to be resold. I think I've hit 8,000 hours on the HD600 and they're better than ever
smily_headphones1.gif

The HD600s still won't go anywhere as they're still my benchmark for a headphone done right at the entrance to hifi world. For far less than the flagship cans, the HD600 delivers an amazing musical experience

HD600 has a sound I think most of the headphoners love and that includes myself. When I entered headfi for the first time, it is because of Grado SR60, a headphone which has an electrifying and addicting sound for a small price like we paid. Then, my second entry to headfi is Sennheiser HD600, a headphone which has an emotional and addicting sound for a price that is higher than Grado SR60, however, it's natural sound is something to witnessed. 

To summarize, Grado SR60 and Sennheiser HD600 has stand the test of time, in one word, LEGENDARY. I nominate these two headphones for any newbie headfier. Salamat po! Thanks in Filipino.

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #11,798 of 23,496
Same journey, start with Grado SR60i and now with HD600.
Some headphones come and out during this journey, I think this is part of my learning.

I prefered to upgrade my desktop amp rather than change the HD600.....
(ordered :Gustard H10 amp)

~ron~

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #11,800 of 23,496
I too think I will upgrade my DAC/Amp before I buy new phones. I'm on the Maverick D1 Plus. It still impresses me. Headphone out going to the HD600, tube preamp going to Airmotiv 4s. Incredible sound whichever way I go. But there's probably a lot of room to upgrade.

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #11,801 of 23,496
I am considering buying pair of hd600, but I am really struggling about dac/amp. Some people mention little dot mk4/ fiio e17/ objective2/ dragonfly v1.2 etc... I am too new for all of this. Can anyone help me to choose... I like to listen some gothic/ symphony/ accoustic guitar... Thanks for helping me :)

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #11,802 of 23,496
I am considering buying pair of hd600, but I am really struggling about dac/amp. Some people mention little dot mk4/ fiio e17/ objective2/ dragonfly v1.2 etc... I am too new for all of this. Can anyone help me to choose... I like to listen some gothic/ symphony/ accoustic guitar... Thanks for helping me
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm using the HD 600 with an ODAC -> O2 which gives a pretty nice combo. Details, separation, tonal balance, etc always have me reaching for the HD 600.

IMO, you can't go wrong with the ODAC -> O2 as a first amp. It is my first and I still don't feel a need of upgrading after trying Burson 160, beyer A20, Rudistor, etc. Adequate for the HD 600 definitely. Mine has the 1x, 2.5x gain. 

I don't know about gothic but for symphony (I assume it means orchestra), I love the way Beethoven's work come out of these. Really natural IMO. I use HD 600 for female vocals as well as they come out quite sweet and nice.

~Just my subjective opinion.

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #11,805 of 23,496
I'm using the HD 600 with an ODAC -> O2 which gives a pretty nice combo. Details, separation, tonal balance, etc always have me reaching for the HD 600.

IMO, you can't go wrong with the ODAC -> O2 as a first amp. It is my first and I still don't feel a need of upgrading after trying Burson 160, beyer A20, Rudistor, etc. Adequate for the HD 600 definitely. Mine has the 1x, 2.5x gain. 

I don't know about gothic but for symphony (I assume it means orchestra), I love the way Beethoven's work come out of these. Really natural IMO. I use HD 600 for female vocals as well as they come out quite sweet and nice.

~Just my subjective opinion.

Hi there thanks for the Info. I search in amazon, it cost 289 dollars, I hope is authentic. And add up, is that must use dekstop/laptop? Can I use with iPad? Is that possible? Because I find that spotify is very convenient for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back